Random crashes during graphics intensive games

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
Ever since I built my computer from scratch about 6 months ago, I seem to be getting crashes randomly during games that have moderate to high graphics.

The games always crash in the same way with "[GAME NAME] has stopped working" message that i can close and doesn't reboot my computer.

I also occasionally get blue screens of death "with page fault in non paged area" message both when playing games and when not.

I've listed my build, games that crash and attempted trouble shooting i have tried.

Build
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard
i7-2600k @ 3.4Ghz (not overclocked)
Corsair 8GB (2 x 4Gb) Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz CL9
EVGA GTX 560ti OC
Windows 7 64bit

Attempted Troubleshooting and Results
  • RUN Memtest86+ once with no problems
  • Run 3DMark11 with no artefacts or crashes
  • Run Speedfan during 1 hour of BF3 at high settings with no signs of overheating.
  • Underclocked graphics card to base settings.
  • Reinstalling various games with no effect
  • Reinstalled nvidia drivers
  • Formatted HDD and reinstalled windows 7 with no effect

Games that crash
  • Battlefield 3
  • GTA IV
  • Mafia 3
  • Just Cause 2
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dead Island

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you've already reformatted the drive.. I'd say it could be a bad card. Try to warranty your card and see if that alleviates the issue.

If you've already reformatted the drive.. I'd say it could be a bad card. Try to warranty your card and see if that alleviates the issue.

I'm with you on this, but before he does this he might want to try somethings first ?

EVGA GTX 560ti OC

Murdoc, if your card is indeed over clocked, please put it back on factory settings and check your gpu cards tempature.
Hardware monitor should help out if any, also if you had it for about 6 months, may need to clean off your fans on it and put some new thermal grease if applicable.

If the manufacturer gives you the ok to do it yourself pay attention to their directions.

Back
Top Bottom