Whole computer with mouse and keyboard gets stuck, please help me to fix it :(

Hi, Sorry for my late.... I tried everything except taking out PCI cards. Didn't help anything...
And I couldn't find "Event Viewer"

Help me please, I'm tired of this lockups :(

Hi, Sorry for my late.... I tried everything except taking out PCI cards. Didn't help anything...
And I couldn't find "Event Viewer"

Help me please, I'm tired of this lockups :(

Press Windows key + R at the same time to bring up the Run dialog. Type in: eventvwr.msc and press Enter.

Did you run the memtest as carnage suggested?

No, I'm sure it is not from the memory (I have 8GB and 3.2GB of it using windows 7 x86) and I'm not using too much programms at the same time...

Press Windows key + R at the same time to bring up the Run dialog. Type in: eventvwr.msc and press Enter.

I did and found that yesterday around that time when my computer stuck again (2:00am) I have report:

Level: critical
source: Kernel-Power
event code: 41
Category: 63

What should I do now ?

Well if your'e ignoring my suggest to run Memtest86+, there's not much we can do for you if you're not willing to be helped. We're trying to make sure it's for sure not the memory. Just run it for a few hours (longer it runs the better, especially if you have a lot of RAM.. overnight is best) and let us know the results.

Sorry, I will try memtest86+ and I will reply here... Thank you!

P.S. Yesterday that happened again and when I opened event viewer there was the same problem:

Level: Critical
Source: Kernel-Power
CodeID: 41
Category: (63)

Kernel-Power is that power supply ?

Well if your'e ignoring my suggest to run Memtest86+, there's not much we can do for you if you're not willing to be helped. We're trying to make sure it's for sure not the memory. Just run it for a few hours (longer it runs the better, especially if you have a lot of RAM.. overnight is best) and let us know the results.

I tried MemTest86+ and it said "NO ERRORS" then I pressed ESC to restart my computer.

So I don't have any errors with my memory...

What else should I do ? Please help... I can't tolerate this "lock ups" any more :(

How long did you run it for?

K-mote, would it be reasonable, if he were to unplug his computer and put it into a more secure socket ?
He could try a new power cord, and try a different keyboard.
I feel that one of his sockets maybe loosing up to cause windows to do this.

If it were me, I would just smash the keyboard on the ground and try something different. :D

K-mote, I did it for 40-60 minutes, only 1 PASS

It said me that everything ok, so I can quit of it by ESC

Back
Top Bottom