Putting too much memory in laptop

To place more ram, you system must be in a position to handle the overclock. The overclock is the concept of running the computer component at a higher clock rate which will be provided by the manufacturer of the laptop. If the ram does not match, then it refuses to boot the laptop.

Are you running a 32bit or 64 bit operating system?

That's actually a really good point. I assume he's running 7 x64 since he re installed the OS, but you never know.

To place more ram, you system must be in a position to handle the overclock. The overclock is the concept of running the computer component at a higher clock rate which will be provided by the manufacturer of the laptop. If the ram does not match, then it refuses to boot the laptop.

Dafuq did I just read?

If you mean running higher clocked RAM, the board will just underclock the faster RAM to match the slower.

My head, it now hurts

Back
Top Bottom