Compaq V60000

swibit

In Runtime
A relative recently asked me to look at their Compaq V60000 laptop. The laptop will turn on and can hold charge. The problem is, the computer won't get past the boot screen and keeps rebooting. I have no display coming from the laptop. Is there anything I can do to check whether it's a hardware/software problem? Obviously can't see the options it's giving me on screen cause of no display.

Hi, Stewie. :lol:

If you take the HDD out, will it detect that there is no bootable medium? If not, I am thinking it is a RAM problem. Do you have 2 Dimm slots? Try taking out one.

Also, have you tried this without the battery in?

When you say there's no display, is there none at all? None even the BIOS splash screen? If so, try hooking it up to an external monitor to see if you can at least get a picture.

Now that I think of it, if the backlight is bad, you can test it by shining a flashlight at the screen at a 45* angle. If you see anything at all, your backlight is toast.

So you think that regardless if there is bootable medium in there, if I shine a flashlight, I'll be able to check the screen?

You should see a splash screen right away. If you can't get the flashlight thing to work, try the external monitor.

Back
Top Bottom