Issue of using a double headed usb cable to increase speed

shayanakbar

Beta member
hello everyone this is my first ever post on this forum

i was thinking that whether i could use this double headed usb cable that came with my Samsung external super writer that I bought for my netbook. It is actually used to increase the power and thus the speed of my DVDWriter.
so I was thinking if i could use it for other devices such as my digital camera (Canon IXUS 200IS), blackberry and other mini usb compliant devices to increase speed.
But i was not willing to do so and first i think i should take help. I am afraid that it may provide too much power and damage my device.

What do you guys say?
I am attaching relevant images.

Thanks
7163464129_4f2bb47229_c.jpg

7348676034_f4786d04e5_c.jpg

double headed USB only useful for external HDDs and DVD writers as it requires more power, other USB compliant devices such as digital camera this woudn't help to improve performance

OH so that's what the other head was for LOL. I had an external drive like that and I thought why have 2 USB heads. Now I know why. Thanks for the info.

OP: You wouldn't need the second connector for other devices like camera's anyway. Wouldn't increase speed at all

@deepu.djp thanks for the reply i will try it with my portable hard disk....

@luke127 its my pleasure to help anybody... i am happy you found my info helpful :)
p.s i like your signature.....

Back
Top Bottom