What should i upgrade in my current system?

Prices aren't that bad, Look at our big 3 tops, Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, and I add Silverstone, in the 600-750W max range. More Amps on the 12Vs as you can get. i.e. a 650W 40A is cheaper than a 600W 50A, and as high of a rating, Bronze, bronze+, silver, gold, these are efficiency of 85% and more.

In a straight up suggestion a 650tx by corsair, Antec 620 high current, or 620 Seasonic will do you for years... Which is why a quality psu is smart... It'lll out last many system updates and changes. These are all in around 80 euro.

A decent, but not overly expensive video card will be around 200Euros. It'll get you a nvidia 560-Ti (~180) or ati 7850 (~210).

I'm thinking not a whole lot will come from a cpu update, unless you can use all 6 cores, as you will only gain a couple hundred mhz other wise. Though I'm not up on holw the L3 cache helps in a phenom vs athlon.
In multi-threaded apps the Phenom 2 eats the Athlon X4 alive really. Also I meant to put Seasonic too, but Silverstone makes good PSUs too. I believe they might have the same OEM.

To the OP, the 945 is still a decent CPU and still better than what you currently have. Even though, you can get an Nvidia GPU and use it to offload encoding to with specific programs which will help more than a CPU upgrade.

In multi-threaded apps the Phenom 2 eats the Athlon X4 alive really. Also I meant to put Seasonic too, but Silverstone makes good PSUs too. I believe they might have the same OEM.

To the OP, the 945 is still a decent CPU and still better than what you currently have. Even though, you can get an Nvidia GPU and use it to offload encoding to with specific programs which will help more than a CPU upgrade.

I'd prefer to use sony vegas still, which as you said is more CPU deppendant i guess

No that power supply isn't great.

BUT Looking into sony vegas, it seems you can use a nvidia video card to help increase performance. Knowing that.

If i were you, I would get a good psu, like i said above and the gtx 560-ti. The nvidia gpu will help render buttloads better, and so your "older" cpu can still be used.

No that power supply isn't great.

BUT Looking into sony vegas, it seems you can use a nvidia video card to help increase performance. Knowing that.

If i were you, I would get a good psu, like i said above and the gtx 560-ti. The nvidia gpu will help render buttloads better, and so your "older" cpu can still be used.

I cant get both PSU and GPU at the same time now. I wont be able to do another upgrade soon too.

I'm probably gonna buy that CPU and save just a bit money and but a new PSU asap after that.. could you guys pick a good but cheap PSU from the store i gave you ?

and no one still answered if the 1045T is good.. anyone ?

Honestly, for me, the cpu would be my last upgrade, but its you.. and i don't know your finances.

I'd trust that Antec 620, theyre reliable. 620W @ 46Amps is good.

Yes, i'm believing I saw the 1045T in it's supported list. It's linked previous page.

Boxed means it comes with the cooling fan.. OEM does not come with the fan.

If you are wanting an immediate upgrade, yes to the psu, and yes to the 1045

Honestly, for me, the cpu would be my last upgrade, but its you.. and i don't know your finances.

I'd trust that Antec 620, theyre reliable. 620W @ 46Amps is good.

Yes, i'm believing I saw the 1045T in it's supported list. It's linked previous page.

Boxed means it comes with the cooling fan.. OEM does not come with the fan.

If you are wanting an immediate upgrade, yes to the psu, and yes to the 1045

Thanks for the help and tips, guys <3 and yeah I want to get a nice CPU and psu for now, since a good video card will cost me a LOT and I can't a fort it yet. Also I did post my finances twice ! :3 I don't even have enough for both CPU and psu yet but I'll take the cpu first, get a bit of money and then the psu.

Most likely I will work during holidays, maybe I'll even buy some fancy ram and a nice gpu too, a 560ti like everyone keep telling me!

Back
Top Bottom