What should i upgrade in my current system?

I'm with carnage here. The 6670 recommends a 400W psu. The biggest question is how many Amps are on the 12V.

I think you are just squeeking buy on the power side of things, if the gpu starts being under powered i think it will lag.

What program are you rendering with? If it takes advantage of multi-threading on lots of cores, an x6 may be an option. But unless you can use all 6 cores, its wasted money.

But in reality, i think you need a better gpu and with that, means a bigger psu or 600W ish. This however is over $200.

oh Forget getting ram....... 8Gig of ram won't help you, stick with 4Gig, the timings are crappy but it it 1333 ddr3... Why do people not remember it's DOUBLE data rate, so 669 x 2 ~ 1333. A quick google search on the board confirms, it's only DDR3 capible.

What are your temperatures... If youre getting to hot, you could be hitting throttling, and an inexpensive cooler could be a great investment.

In any event, you have 2 real bottlenecks in your system.. GPU and PSU, which will cost bout $300 (in the US/Cda) to upgrade.

Do you have an online store to let us look at prices over there?

a good store is mindfactory.de

temps are: MB at 51 celsius, CPU at 35C and GPU at 45C, some programs on, drawing in photoshop a bit and minor stuff.

I'm rendering with Sony Vegas, i'm not sure if it uses multicore. But i know that GPU is very important in video rendering as well.

To make rendering times better you want a faster CPU. To make your gaming better you will need a better GPU. To make the overall feel of your system faster (programs loading ect) you want an SSD. For programs like Photoshop more and faster RAM plus an SSD will make the biggest difference. Recording and encoding your recording will also benefit from an SSD because it has to read and write to the same drive. When you are recording if your drive can't write fast enough it will cause a hiccup. Then when encoding that recording if you copy the file over to the SSD it can read fast enough to fully utilize your CPU.

To do any of this a PSU upgrade is highly highly recommended.

so i should aim for a new PSU and then what ? Also, which PSU exactly

also in terms of a new CPU, i think that AMD 955 would be good for its price and performance ? taking note that i'll get a new PSU as well

and a new question arises. I think AMD 955 is 125W comparing to my current CPU's 95W. What's the Watt limit on my mobo ?

so what about the motherboard too ? is it good enough to survive all these upgrades ? Like an AMD 945/955(not in stock on the website)/965 and the PSU, and a new GPU in the far future

955BE (or non) would be a good start to an upgrade but you already have a quad core AMD CPU as it is.

You can go with any Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, or Silverstone PSU over 500w and be safe. Take note, any decent GPU will require at least 550w.

955BE (or non) would be a good start to an upgrade but you already have a quad core AMD CPU as it is.

You can go with any Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, or Silverstone PSU over 500w and be safe. Take note, any decent GPU will require at least 550w.

yeah i'll take the GPU, but i think my MOBO cant take a new CPU ! there is a big difference between 645 and 965, and im able to get 965 now too. I'm just not sure about the motherboard, if it'll be able to eat up a new CPU like that.

The 955 non black edition is 95w. I think they only sell those now instead of the other ones.

You could also get this.
HD96ZTWFK4DGR(BE)

That is the 960BE which almost always unlocks to a hex.

Prices aren't that bad, Look at our big 3 tops, Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, and I add Silverstone, in the 600-750W max range. More Amps on the 12Vs as you can get. i.e. a 650W 40A is cheaper than a 600W 50A, and as high of a rating, Bronze, bronze+, silver, gold, these are efficiency of 85% and more.

In a straight up suggestion a 650tx by corsair, Antec 620 high current, or 620 Seasonic will do you for years... Which is why a quality psu is smart... It'lll out last many system updates and changes. These are all in around 80 euro.

A decent, but not overly expensive video card will be around 200Euros. It'll get you a nvidia 560-Ti (~180) or ati 7850 (~210).

I'm thinking not a whole lot will come from a cpu update, unless you can use all 6 cores, as you will only gain a couple hundred mhz other wise. Though I'm not up on holw the L3 cache helps in a phenom vs athlon.

Back
Top Bottom