Help choosing laptop

i3 doesn't necessarily suck, they are just lower powered than the i5. I run two systems with an i3. For what I do, it's perfect. (And that isn't much :p)

You can easily get a i5 or i7 model init. Oer if you dont want Toshiba, then Dell or Acer is the best option..

I3 sucks sorry but it does it's 1 core higher than intel core duo and that really sucks trust me I know. I would go with a dell latitude their fast have a fair amount of RAM and have good speed as long as you treat it well it'll do you fine!

It's an entirely different architecture. One that is MUCH more efficient that any Core 2 Duo's out there. Also, Dell isn't a good option. Shoddy engineering and horrible Customer Service. All laptops out there have the same general components in them.

I work at a university IT for their Mechanical Engineering department, we buy Lenovo laptops exclusively. The 520W is one of the top ones we buy, for it's great performance with engineering and decent battery life which can be upgraded with a stronger battery life.

I work at a university IT for their Mechanical Engineering department, we buy Lenovo laptops exclusively. The 520W is one of the top ones we buy, for it's great performance with engineering and decent battery life which can be upgraded with a stronger battery life.

The w520 is nice but in my opinion it's to large and heavy to be a good laptop for college. I've been using an x220 and absolutely love it, the portability and battery life make it far more useful than the larger laptops I have used in the past.

The Thinkpad x220/x230 unfortunately only have integrated graphics which doesn't sound like it is what you want however there are a couple of ultrabooks with gpu's that should be powerful enough for what you need. The Asus Zenbook UX32VD would be my main recommendation since it has a incredible display compared to nearly all of the other laptops out there but the Acer Timeline Ultra M5 is another promising choice.

Vizio's new notebook also looks promising, it's not as good as the Zenbook but it's already available and the prices are good.

http://www.vizio.com/notebook/overview

Back
Top Bottom