Sound card wont detect

pro2a

In Runtime
I'm having a sound card issue. It's a SB Audigy SB1394 (Clicky). Anyway, I installed it, installed the latest drivers, made sure it was snug the slot etc... My PC even recognized it in the sound settings... but there is no sound, no volume, no noise.... no nothing. I have all the speaker cables plugged in correctly (I mean that part is pretty idiot proof since its color coded :crazy:) But still, I have no sound. My sound only works using my on board MoBo sound jacks.

I want to use this sound card because I have surround sound speakers with 5.1 HD surround sound. The MoBo limits me to 2 speakers. What seems to be the issue and how can I correct it? Thank you.

p.s. Do the little ports which appear to connect to the DVD-ROM have anything to do with this. I do not see anything which attaches to the board itself (Clicky)

Did you plug in the cables snugly? I know my Xtreme Music card, the plugs were quite snug.

Did you set the Creative card as the default sound output in Windows 7 sound settings in the Playback devices?

Are we talking the colored cables? If so, yes they are snug. As for any internal cables, I'm not even aware they are needed since there is no where to plug them in to except the back of the DVDROM drive which would have no bearing on the sound.

I'll check out the sound settings, where exactly would I find this particular menu? Thanks again.

You shouldn't have to hook up any internal cables.

Right click your audio icon > Playback devices > right click in whitespace > check "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" just to see if it comes up there. Do you see anything related to your card there?

Does device manager detect the card?

Nothing is coming up in device manager, just my on board sound and my HD sound from my video card.

I'm actually beginning to think it's the card... I may just go pick up another.

Check BIOS to see if there is something you have to enable for some reason. That or try it in a different system if you can.

I actually tested the card in another system after screwing around in BIOS for a bit... It's the card. It didn't detect in the other system either. I've had it in an ESD bag in a drawer for the last 2 years and I figured I'd finally put it in. I guess I waited too long.

Back
Top Bottom