Wires from the power supply to motherboard (CPU) burned up. Why would this happen and how to fix?

yeah go with a 750 it is much more reliable

Just because a PSU has higher watts doesn't make it more reliable. You need to see how many amps on the 12v rail it has; the reputable / good brands have high amps and are built well.

Carny, it has 46A, which is on par for a entry level psu, like the ccorsair cx line, the cx600 has 40A

It should be good enough. I power my I7 950@4.0Ghz, and a gtx260-216 on a Corsair 520hx, which has 3 18A rails for about 50A in reality.

Carny, it has 46A, which is on par for a entry level psu, like the ccorsair cx line, the cx600 has 40A

It should be good enough. I power my I7 950@4.0Ghz, and a gtx260-216 on a Corsair 520hx, which has 3 18A rails for about 50A in reality.

Sorry, didn't see that he was referring to a specific PSU; thought he was just saying that it would be better just because it's 750w. Woke up from a nap when I posted that lol; was apparently still a bit out of it.

Yeah, I have a 520hx as well that's powered my system (stock and OC'd) for a couple years now without issue.

Back
Top Bottom