Small System Upgrade

yeah basically, skyrim, mass effect 3, battlefiled 3 etc.....
Not going to lie, unless you have a res of 1280x1024 you wont be playing medium to high with a card in the 100-200 dollar department UNLESS you buy a used 280/460 and upgrade that CPU. The first gen Phenom quads are sloooooow. What exactly do you mean by "low profile". Do you mean, you have the slim case that exceptionally thin and can't fit a regular sized card, or do you just have a little case length wise? If your case can accommodate regular sized cards then the means of upgrade to what you want just got a lot easier. Also need to know the wattage of the PSU so we don't go over.

it is a midsize tower. I could possibly fit a full size card, just don't really want to put too much money into it. I am hoping to build a computer this fall if all goes welll.

It depends on the type of game you are playing. If the game needs high graphics then i suggest you to upgrade your graphic card to Nvidia GeForce GTX 590. This card supports all the latest games and is in future too.

It depends on the type of game you are playing. If the game needs high graphics then i suggest you to upgrade your graphic card to Nvidia GeForce GTX 590. This card supports all the latest games and is in future too.

You like hunting mice with elephant guns? A 590 is overkill for anything right now.

I can play BF3 on high using my 560TI with no problem.

You like hunting mice with elephant guns? A 590 is overkill for anything right now.

I can play BF3 on high using my 560TI with no problem.

Trotter's right, currently on my GTX 460 I run BF3 on high with no problems. Any 5/6 90 card is really just overkill. The farthest I'd go into nvidia's gpu line is a x70 or x80 card.

3 things. 1 the card is too long for the case, 2 the PSU would snap crackle and pop under any load from the card, and 3 even if budget permits you can get a 670 for much cheaper and be way better off. For the amount of money he would spend on a 590 he could upgrade his whole rig :|

Back
Top Bottom