Difficulty removing heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
I've been trying to remove this freaking thing but It's almost near impossible, need to bend up both sides but doing so, I feel that the tention and force I'm using on it is going to crack or snap my mother board. Not sure what to do?

my really old computer the heatsink got stuck to the cpu cos it didnt have n e paste on it...lol i had to yank it out and chisall off the CPU but it still worked!

Well I bought some quick silver because my cpu temp been a little high and when gaming it locks up so, I really need to get this thing taken care of, still looking for AMD site on this,.

Don't suppose you could get a picture can you? Should require only a Flathead screwdrive to put on the side thats closest to the PSU. The best way is to completely remove the motherboard and put it in a well lit area and flat surface so you can work on it easier.

Kinda need a picture of atleast the heatsink you got to get a better idea, but if it's stock heatsink then yeah, Flathead screwdriver...side near PSU, push STRAIGHT down on that beeotch and then push the screwdrive away from you which brings the tip and the clip towards you to unlatch from the 3 little hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom