case question

xK1LLSW1TCHx127

Baseband Member
Hello, i have a very quick question about cases. I am plqnning to build a pc with an asrock 970 extreme3 board, but since this is my first build i have absolutely no idea how to choose a case that will fit the board. I have a uatx case at home, it's old, but the asrock board is atx, will any atx board fit the asrock board? Thanks!

You will need a case that simply fits standard ATX motherboards. You can go to Newegg and choose by form factor to limit your options.

Alright, so any ATX question will fit the board? Thanks! I really appreciate such a quick response, all of you, thanks!:big_smile:

So I have another question and I thought I'd just add it here instead of starting a new thread (since it's still about cases).
I will be building an asrock z77 extreme 4, 3570k, 8 gigs gskill ram and an ocz zt psu, all I need is the case. I'm just not entirely sure which of the cases I'm considering is my best option for cooling. Suggestions are much appreciated =) looking for. $130 and below

Storm scout, storm enforcer, nzxt phantom, carbide 500r, Thor v2, haf 922, suggestions please?

PS, I will be cooling with a thermaltake trio or a hyper 212+ depending on price, and I will be adding an HD 7850 in a few months, no overclock thanks!

i have the storm scout and recommend it. not the BEST at wire management, but i think it is great for the money. a few dollars more may get you more.

I have the NZXT phantom and I like it but I don't think that there will be a massive difference between temperatures when choosing any of them cases. Just choose a case that you like the look of. The cable management is very easy to handle on the Phantom but I expect that is the same with most/all full tower cases.

Obviously if you want a water loop then make sure there is enough room in the case or if it will be external that the case has the slots for the tubing.

I really like the looks of the phantom, question though. The phantom comes with four fans correct? 200mm on top, and three 120mm fans right? How many more can be installed? The main reason I like the phantom other than aesthetics is that the cooling is great apparently, I've read it's almost as good as the haf x and it's better than the storm trooper, in your experience is this true? Or can anyone else back that up? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom