Computer choice

Anyone to give advice? I have one week before I go and I wanna build before I go but I need to have everything FINAL!

If you order from newegg, you'll get everything within a few days. If anything, they are amazing with shipping.

There's a few things i see if you want to drop the price a bit.
First off, how patient are you? Honestly, you could probably drop that ssd that you have there and still have pretty decent load times. With the cpu and the gpu that you have, the load time difference would only be.. a few seconds.

Secondly, the graphics card. the 670 is currently the top benching card out there( i believe) Beating out even the 680 and 690 in benchmarks, though the 690 has very few on some lists i've seen so, i doubt that's correct. but. If you wanted to drop say.. 130$ off your price you could settle for a GTX 570, which is still a beast of a card and can run pretty much everything you stated earlier on max with NO issues at all. Especially with the cpu you have.

Just those two would drop roughly 230$ on the price with not much impact. If you'd like the best of the best you can certainly do as you have, just my 2 cents.

I agree. I dropped a new GPU in my rig, and my boot time was cut in half!.........

Show me these benchmarks. Enlighten me. Both reference cards.

So drop the SSD or...? I think I am going to keep the SSD because it will drop my start up time, and it will increase the speed of my system by at least 10%

Okay, thanks! But do you suggest anything else? Like upgrading/downgrading? I am not sure on my mobo and graphics card still, I am using the GTX 670 Superclocked as my graphics card as of right now.

Okay, thanks! But do you suggest anything else? Like upgrading/downgrading? I am not sure on my mobo and graphics card still, I am using the GTX 670 Superclocked as my graphics card as of right now.

The only thing I would suggest is getting a stock clocked version of the 670, and OC'ing yourself. It's really easy, and will most likely save you a few bucks.

Its only like 10 bucks more, and it overclocks better I think. Can you recommend a good fan and good optical drive? (I have read bad reviews on both of the selected ones.)

Back
Top Bottom