svc host keeps on erroring out, help please!(winxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ideal

Beta member
Everytime I startup my comptuer I get Svchost.exe Application Error "the memory could not be written". It close it and all appears fine until I go into "My Computer" where it takes a while to find the drives and then gives me that error, and then a second later the drives show up. Same happens when I try to browse my file system(ie. Nero Burning Rom).

I tried to run a Repair Install and in the proccess of it installing again it gave me the same problem. I mean, I really dont want to have to do a format and re-install, there has to be a way to fix it. I ran hijack this, deleted everything that shouldnt be there, ran adaware, spysweeper, spybot, and I have no spywere(I love FireFox) and i got rid of any unecssary startup Items. Same Problem, please help!

Im on windows XP

well just incase someone is interested... after searching high and low for a fix, i did not find anything! I ran sfc /scannow - repair install - registry repairs - windows repair - rollbacks - so finnaly, i decided to see what would happen if i shut down the svchost programs running under the username "Network Service". So I did and I got the shutdown countdown window, so i goto run and type in "shutdown a/"
and all is well, all of sudden no more errors whatsoever and my computer is running smoothly. I go through my network connections just fine!

So I'm led to believe that svchost somehow became corrupted. OR
I had a network drive named F: when i had tried to disconnect it previously, it would disconnect but not leave from "my computer" - i didnt bug me that much so i didnt find a fix for it, anyways, i starting running a program called Virtual Daemon Manager that can mount an ISO image and make it look like a CD-Drive. I noticed that it was mounting it to letter F:

I wonder if that somehow corrupted svchost, I have unmounted it and now F: is gone, but if i try to remount the network drive, it says its in use! Awell, until i decide I want to backup all my stuff, this will have to do :(

-Jon

actually i already did, sorry, i didnt mention it, plus, im on sp2 which has the all the newest patches and has fixed that exploit, although maybe ill run the removal tools in safemode, since ive just been doing a regular virusscan normally. Ill keep posted :)

i figured out the problem, my HP printer drives for my all in one machine was causing the problem... i had to de-isntall and reinstall it fixed the problem... i posted this fix on a bunch of other forums and it has been successfull 100 percet for everyone else also. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom