Small System Upgrade

bpm55

In Runtime
Model: Dell Inspiron 546
RAM: 6 GB
CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core 2.4ghz
Onboard Video:ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Discrete Card: Nvidia Geforce 210

What could I upgrade to play most games on medium to high settings?
I got this computer for free from an older gentleman that thought it was dead(I did install win 7 and offer the computer back to him. He bought a new and didn't want it back). I know this isn't the most stellar pc,but I figured that I could put a little money into it and maybe play some games on it?

If not I am open to suggestions on what else to do with it. I am a computer engineering student so I am open to anything. I natively work in linux(fedora), but I know gaming is better in Windows.

So please post any and all suggestions even if you think it is a little wild or difficult.

You could do a Duel Boot, mabie a Distro of Linux and Win 7. Yea, how much is a little money? It depends what you want to use it for. You could unplug the Battery and f@h on it (Members Section) by running it off the mains. Take part in some sort of Computer Distro Project.

Now thing is I have a Lenovo, wich I run off the mains 24\7 with an expencive Laptop cooler as they overheat verry quickly and I have a dedicated second monitor connected via VGA with a dedicated Keybord and Mouse for comfort and ease of use, in the PC area. I also f@h. If you want it for portability, mabie consider a second battery for portability reasons and power.

Is it going to to be stationary or are you going to take the Laptop with you wereever you go. If you want, you could try Softwere Development.

Hows that sound any good?

You could do a Duel Boot, mabie a Distro of Linux and Win 7. Yea, how much is a little money? It depends what you want to use it for. You could unplug the Battery and f@h on it (Members Section) by running it off the mains. Take part in some sort of Computer Distro Project.

Now thing is I have a Lenovo, wich I run off the mains 24\7 with an expencive Laptop cooler as they overheat verry quickly and I have a dedicated second monitor connected via VGA with a dedicated Keybord and Mouse for comfort and ease of use, in the PC area. I also f@h. If you want it for portability, mabie consider a second battery for portability reasons and power.

Is it going to to be stationary or are you going to take the Laptop with you wereever you go. If you want, you could try Softwere Development.

Hows that sound any good?

This is a desktop, mate. ;) And he wants Win 7 on it. He just wants to upgrade the hardware.

@Spud1200 It is a desktop
Money I would say between $100 and $200. I could go more, but I don't really have that much time to play. So going to much more would almost be a waste. I am currently taking classes and working two jobs.

random question: I have hooked up this pc to 1080p HDTV(RCA 46in). The pc will not display correctly to the tv it is out of aspect. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom