HELP!! 9800pro on AGP 4x mobo???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this indirectly in my post; 9800Pro on 4x is useless and wasting money. If you really want to upgrade, then get the top-of-the-line 4x graphics card.

I dont think your idea is the best way to go about things. If he upgrades the video card he wont have to upgrade it as soon as if he went with a 4x video card. When upgrading its best to go with something closer to the top of the line, so you dont have to upgrade as soon. In the long ru its cheaper.

THere is a diff but if you already bought the card then just keep it. You might want to upgrade your mobo later anyways. Just keep the card and later on you will start to se little differences that you wouldnt normally see right away.

i say keep it, i saw in a magazine where they had used a 9600xt on 8X and 4X and saw less than 1 fps difference in all games, i think the newest game they ran tho was doom 3, so if that is all accurate then keep the graphics card and 9 or 10 is my answer... good luck if i get some extra time tonight i will test my graphics card on 8x and 4x, im only running a 5200 ultra tho... but ill post my results

I have used the Radeon 9800 Pro on 4x and 8x AGP. Keep the video card.

The difference is too small to matter.

hey. whats up guys? Thanks for all of you honest opinions. I've decided to keep the card and just run it on the 4x mobo. Like some of you said, I can always upgrade to a 8x in the future. Im sure ill be happy with the way it runs just because im so use to that dog of a card i had. I installed my new 400w psu lastnight but it was it was late so, ill install the ATI when i get home from school (at school now). Ill be sure to keep you guys posted on how everything turns out.

Thanks again

alright i got it installed!!! its awsome!!! huge improvement over my old card. The really only hang up i ran into was installing the drivers. when i would go install them i would get a message saying: setup failed to run installation: (0x80040707) So i just restarted my comp and install the drivers and they installed fine. I still get this message though when i go to open the ATI Catalyst Control Center

.NET framework Initialization Error

C:\windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded.

What could cause this? i think ill try and remove the drivers and reinstalling them again, maybe that will work. LMK what you guys think.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom