New Rig ISSUES

Muteki

Solid State Member
Hey guys, i was vry happy to buy my new system today and couldn't wait to put it together.
After hours of messing around and putting it together i was finally done, so i thought. When i boot the computer it turns on but no image appears and after about 10 sec of it being on and sounding like its working it turns off, then after a couple of secounds it auto turns on, this cyle is over and over again. I tried taking out all my HDD's and booting with the same issue. Took all my ram out and left one stick in, still issues. Took my cpu cooler of and on again, same issue. Im really out of options and cant think what it could be, i even tried plugging the monitor on the internal vga slot and on the graphics, same issue with no Picture. if anyone can help ill greatly apreachiate it, thanks.
My SPECS of the new computer

-COOLERMASTER HAF X RC-942 GAMING CASE
-GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD
-INTEL CORE i7 3770K IVY BRIDGE 3.5GHz 8MB RETAIL BOX
-CORSAIR COOLING HYDRO H60 CPU COOLER
-G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR3 RIPJAWS Z C9 1866MHZ
-XFX XXX EDITION 850W MODULAR 80PLUS PSU

Make sure everything is seated correctly: power cables (main 24pin cable as well as 4 or 8pin CPU cable, RAM, GPU, PCI cards, data cables, etc.).

I would also try resetting your BIOS. Unplug your computer from the wall, press the power button a few times to drain excess stored electricity, and remove the CMOS battery off of the motherboard; the CMOS battery looks like a silver coin. Leave it out for a few minutes, and then pop it back in. Plug computer back in, and try to boot up.

OK so re-checked everything, AGAIN. lol Took the power cord out drained the power, and took the batter out. Then put it back in, as it was under the Graphics card i put that back in too and started it up again. Same issue, turns on, sounds good, no picture and then again after 10 or so seconds later turns of and auto re-boots after a couple of seconds. I did see a difference in the numbers from 50 something to 15. These are digital numbers next to the on power button on the board. Do you have any other ideas ? Thanks

Page 119 of your mobo manual says this:
15 - Pre-memory North-Bridge initialization is started.

Check to make sure the CPU is seated correctly.

Ok thanks for your Help man. I fixed it last night, it turns out the cpu cooler wasn't plugged into the right pin, its all working fine now and am using the RIG NOW!!!! thanks again bro.

Back
Top Bottom