Upgrading from a GTX 560 TI

Talkashie

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, my name is Shane and I come from Texas, USA. My current build is as follows:

ZOTAC Overclocked GTX 560 TI 1GB
i5 2320 Quad Core 3GHz
16GB DDR3 Kingston RAM
CX500 PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

I have been wanting to purchase a GTX 670 for quite some time now, but I am almost positive that a CX500
will not support one of these graphics cards. My question to you is, what PSU should I purchase to handle a
670? The CX600?

Thank you.

AFAIK, you won't get that much of a leap between 560 ti and 670. But if anyone can prove me wrong, please do.

As for the PSU, I would recommend you the TX650 v2. Leaves a little head room for any other updates. I own one myself.

Alright, it's fairly cheap, I might try that. And I wanted to upgrade because I have been gaming on 2 monitors, and the 560 TI starts to stutter with BF3 like that.

I'd almost suspect its your power supply giving too much, the cards not getting enough power.

I'd buy the new psu, then think about the card. Corsair screwed up the cx line, by producing a budget level psu and not making it more obvious that it is not a performance psu.

AFAIK, you won't get that much of a leap between 560 ti and 670. But if anyone can prove me wrong, please do.

As for the PSU, I would recommend you the TX650 v2. Leaves a little head room for any other updates. I own one myself.
The 670 is faster than the 580 so yes it's a huge gap.

Get the 670 and a new PSU, you'll be very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom