Z77 sabertooth Cannot access raid setup Ctrl + I

jacob008

Beta member
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'll post it anyways as I really need help and the ASUS technical inquiry staff takes quite a long time to reply. I am trying to build a new gaming pc with the following components:

ASUS Sabertooth z77 bios 1206
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz xmp
Intel i7- 3770k 3.5 Ghz
gtx 560 ti (soon)
Cooler Master 850W
CM Storm tROOPER Chasis
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler

Am uable to get into Raid for z77 Sabertooth. Have tried several variations but to no avail. My last try was reverting to default in Bios- going into advanced settings-Sata Config-AHCI-RAiD (also have tried variations with enabling the hot plug for the HDD). Restart Held Ctrl and repeatedly pressed I but only got to the AMerican Megatrends Page as follows (the usual):

AMIBIOS (C) 2012 American Megatrends, Inc.

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 ACPI BIOS Revision 1206
CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Speed: 3500MHz

Total Memory: 8192 (DDR3-1333)

USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 3 Hubs

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port1: WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB)
SATA Port3: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S

CPU Fan Error!
Press F1 to Run SETUP

The HDD is connected to the brown 6gbs port. A black 3gbs is for optical dvd drive. Have also tried disconnecting dvd and attempting access to Intel Rapid Storage but it does not show up. Have tried cmos as well. In fact the trouble is that even in ahci or ide I cannot boot from dvd disk either to install windows. I have checked connections- they are good.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'll post it anyways as I really need help and the ASUS technical inquiry staff takes quite a long time to reply. I am trying to build a new gaming pc with the following components:

ASUS Sabertooth z77 bios 1206
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz xmp
Intel i7- 3770k 3.5 Ghz
gtx 560 ti (soon)
Cooler Master 850W
CM Storm tROOPER Chasis
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler

Am uable to get into Raid for z77 Sabertooth. Have tried several variations but to no avail. My last try was reverting to default in Bios- going into advanced settings-Sata Config-AHCI-RAiD (also have tried variations with enabling the hot plug for the HDD). Restart Held Ctrl and repeatedly pressed I but only got to the AMerican Megatrends Page as follows (the usual):

AMIBIOS (C) 2012 American Megatrends, Inc.

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 ACPI BIOS Revision 1206
CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Speed: 3500MHz

Total Memory: 8192 (DDR3-1333)

USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 3 Hubs

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port1: WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB)
SATA Port3: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S

CPU Fan Error!
Press F1 to Run SETUP

The HDD is connected to the brown 6gbs port. A black 3gbs is for optical dvd drive. Have also tried disconnecting dvd and attempting access to Intel Rapid Storage but it does not show up. Have tried cmos as well. In fact the trouble is that even in ahci or ide I cannot boot from dvd disk either to install windows. I have checked connections- they are good.

Lets check out somethings shall we ?
About your cpu fan error, shut down your computer fully, make sure the 3 pin connector is on cpu fan slot and it goes in securely.
Next take your other main system fan put it on fan 1 connector and connect any psu connectors it may need.

Have you tried a different set of sata cables, it sounds like the ones you have aint cutting it.
Take hdd 1 and hdd 2 and put them on raid 1,2, and put the dvd drive sata on raid 5.
I do mines like this with a AHCI-RAiD setup, and I don't have much of a issue.

See if that helps out better.

Lets check out somethings shall we ?
About your cpu fan error, shut down your computer fully, make sure the 3 pin connector is on cpu fan slot and it goes in securely.
Next take your other main system fan put it on fan 1 connector and connect any psu connectors it may need.

Have you tried a different set of sata cables, it sounds like the ones you have aint cutting it.
Take hdd 1 and hdd 2 and put them on raid 1,2, and put the dvd drive sata on raid 5.
I do mines like this with a AHCI-RAiD setup, and I don't have much of a issue.

See if that helps out better.

Thanks Mike.

The problem it seems is something els; because I attempted to install windows 7 via AHCI settings as well as IDE (because for the moment I have switched to minimum- only 1 drive) and there is NO BOOT (albeit have changed boot priorities). I have checked on my other pc that this dvd is bootable and working perfectly.

So I figured it probably could be a conflict of sorts with new optiarc sony drive and decided to create a USB install. I configured settings with a dude at Tonymacx tonymacx86 Forum • Information who installed Mac software but the settings of bios to boot from usb would not be affected inspite the OS. (his worked, so I believed mine should as well.

It has not booted from usb. Tried two different usbs, two different formats FAT32 n NTFS- nothing.

Although I get this red light near the USB port on the motherboard. There is no memory issue, checked with memory button (and had bought the memory per instructions from asus manual).

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks Mike.

The problem it seems is something els; because I attempted to install windows 7 via AHCI settings as well as IDE (because for the moment I have switched to minimum- only 1 drive) and there is NO BOOT (albeit have changed boot priorities). I have checked on my other pc that this dvd is bootable and working perfectly.

So I figured it probably could be a conflict of sorts with new optiarc sony drive and decided to create a USB install. I configured settings with a dude at Tonymacx tonymacx86 Forum • Information who installed Mac software but the settings of bios to boot from usb would not be affected inspite the OS. (his worked, so I believed mine should as well.

It has not booted from usb. Tried two different usbs, two different formats FAT32 n NTFS- nothing.

Although I get this red light near the USB port on the motherboard. There is no memory issue, checked with memory button (and had bought the memory per instructions from asus manual).

Any advice will be helpful.

If I'm uderstanding your post right, try using a different flash drive with sizes ranging from 4gb-8gb's.
Use windows 7 usb tool.
Microsoft Store Online

Take your flash drive and a quick or full format, choose to use Fat32 with allocation size 4096.
For one reason or another most windows 7 os prefer that and are able to pick up your usb drive at post and use it. :D
Check your motherboard at bios and setup your boot order like this

1.main hdd
2. secondary master
3.cd/dvd
4.optional removable disk or usb drive if present

Make note of it and make sure your drive appears in bios, try not to have any other usb devices besides a keyboard/mouse attached to the computer.
It will make things best on the installation and preventing windows to look for drivers for recently new hardware and causing issues.

If I'm uderstanding your post right, try using a different flash drive with sizes ranging from 4gb-8gb's.
Use windows 7 usb tool.
Microsoft Store Online

Take your flash drive and a quick or full format, choose to use Fat32 with allocation size 4096.
For one reason or another most windows 7 os prefer that and are able to pick up your usb drive at post and use it. :D
Check your motherboard at bios and setup your boot order like this

1.main hdd
2. secondary master
3.cd/dvd
4.optional removable disk or usb drive if present

Make note of it and make sure your drive appears in bios, try not to have any other usb devices besides a keyboard/mouse attached to the computer.
It will make things best on the installation and preventing windows to look for drivers for recently new hardware and causing issues.

Hi Mike,

thanks.

Now, it has come to my attention that the problem is with Boot Device Led.

Here is a cut n paste of specs of the problem I created for my record. Apologies if it is lengthy.

My computer is brand new - but does not allow booting from dvd or

usb.

Bios updated fine- can enter bios without problems.

"Device Boot Led" is on permanently.

I have tried:

(1) One Ram only
(2) Different Harddisks (also one at a time)
(3) Change of cables
(4) Rolling back to an earlier version of compatible (with ivy

bridge) Bios
(5) updated again to latest version
(6) Checked all powersupply cables
(7) Utilised minimum default settings most of the time
(8) Used only bare system with cpu/hdd/ram

BUT problem persists. Have contacted Asus and they will reply in

only the fastest of after 48 hours. I believe they will suggest

RMA (upon viewing most similar problems)

What I cannot understand is ASUS may have such poor Quality

Control (assuming it is MB in problem)

My Specs:

CPU: i7 3770K
MB: Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: 8 GB (4 GB x 2) Corsair XMP 9-9-9-24 (1.5v) per asus

requirement ram
GPU: None atm but will get gtx560ti frozer
PSU: Coolermaster 850w (80 plus)
HDD: (2x) 1TB WD Green/Blue Cavaier
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper
Cooling: Corsair H100

Am open to all possible suggestions to having this new rig begin

its voyage

Hi Mike,

thanks.

Now, it has come to my attention that the problem is with Boot Device Led.

Here is a cut n paste of specs of the problem I created for my record. Apologies if it is lengthy.

My computer is brand new - but does not allow booting from dvd or

usb.

Bios updated fine- can enter bios without problems.

"Device Boot Led" is on permanently.

I have tried:

(1) One Ram only
(2) Different Harddisks (also one at a time)
(3) Change of cables
(4) Rolling back to an earlier version of compatible (with ivy

bridge) Bios
(5) updated again to latest version
(6) Checked all powersupply cables
(7) Utilised minimum default settings most of the time
(8) Used only bare system with cpu/hdd/ram

BUT problem persists. Have contacted Asus and they will reply in

only the fastest of after 48 hours. I believe they will suggest

RMA (upon viewing most similar problems)

What I cannot understand is ASUS may have such poor Quality

Control (assuming it is MB in problem)

My Specs:

CPU: i7 3770K
MB: Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: 8 GB (4 GB x 2) Corsair XMP 9-9-9-24 (1.5v) per asus

requirement ram
GPU: None atm but will get gtx560ti frozer
PSU: Coolermaster 850w (80 plus)
HDD: (2x) 1TB WD Green/Blue Cavaier
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper
Cooling: Corsair H100

Am open to all possible suggestions to having this new rig begin

its voyage

To be honest with you, don't wait for them to "EMAIL" you back.
I'm going to take a risk on this and say it may have something to do with your current bios.
Ask them upfront what problems did they incurr with the bios that was shipped to all stores.
See if they have a fix that will patch up the problems, if they don't and still don't have a valid answer for you.
One way or another try to get your money back and go with a better motherboard.

Yes, asus sucks at technical support in general, but I never expected them to have this many problems with their products in the past 5 years since dealing with them.

Pretty sad if you know where I am coming from with this and put up with their BS.

To be honest with you, don't wait for them to "EMAIL" you back.
I'm going to take a risk on this and say it may have something to do with your current bios.
Ask them upfront what problems did they incurr with the bios that was shipped to all stores.
See if they have a fix that will patch up the problems, if they don't and still don't have a valid answer for you.
One way or another try to get your money back and go with a better motherboard.

Yes, asus sucks at technical support in general, but I never expected them to have this many problems with their products in the past 5 years since dealing with them.

Pretty sad if you know where I am coming from with this and put up with their BS.

Problem solved. Your were quite right. It had to do with a very minute change in the bios.

I took it to the dealer suggesting possible RMA and their technician had a look at it. All he did was change the "cpu" fan to "ignore" and booting began.

I would never have made that alteration believing such a small aspect would play such a great role in the motherboard's non-functioning. But am satisfied. The PC has fired up and running smooth.

Thanks for your input ;)

Back
Top Bottom