Looking for a laptop

naughty_lemur

Beta member
So I have absolutely no idea of what I am looking for in a laptop other than I'm going to need it to last a while and I would like for it to be able to run a few games. I'm not looking for spectacular graphics, but something decent to run SW:TOR and the like. I'm a student so it'll need to be rugged as well.

I also have a budget of $600 (which I'm sure can be pushed to $650 and maybe $675 but absolutely no more).

I don't mind buying online or in store although in store is kinda preferred.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions of laptops (honestly not prefer Acer/Asus, I've had horrible experiences with them).

ASUS is king, man. Every manufacturer out there has problems. It happens. I use an Acer laptop myself. Aspire As5750-6589. And I find it to be quite nice.

What are you going to school for?

I'm a junior in high school and don't really know what I want to go to school for, other than mechanical engineering (but not 100% sold on it)

I'm currently using an Aspire 5534 and honestly can not stand it. It over heats constantly and has a few other problems.

But I guess I'm also looking for something that has longer than an hour battery life (even when I first got the laptop 2 years ago it had an extremely poor battery life)

Ah, OK. My Acer never overheats. But every laptop has potential to overheat. It depends on what you do with it.

For engineering and long battery life, I would suggest a Lenovo. It is known for its power and prolonged battery life. I'd suggest the X220, but as it is "slightly" out of your budget. :lol: But maybe the X130E.

Get the HP Pavilion dv6-3130us 15.6-Inch Laptop. This laptop is good for gaming purposes. It has HD 4250 Graphics card to make good gaming experience and for all your daily activities. It costs $650 USD.

Actually, i3 isn't for gaming. It can game, yes, but you won't get max settings. While the Intel 3000 graphics are good, they are not meant for gaming. ;)

Stay away from DV6. Plus that is a little aged.

Currently i am using acer aspire 4736z with 2 gb RAm, and honestly i am super happy with accer, till now no problem and battery back up till now more then 2 hours and for your kind info i am using this laptop more then 3 years, and if you looking for some quality then you should go with acer, Check this out
Acer Aspire AS5560G-8356G75Mnkk 15.6" LED Notebook it has AMD A-Series A8-3500M 1.50 GHz - Black - 1366 x 768 WXGA Display - 6 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD - DVD-Writer - AMD Radeon HD 6650M Graphics Card - Bluetooth - Webcam - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium - HDMI

i guess my info will help you the right laptop for you. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom