Audio/Video Stuttering

TJCC0

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

Recently my pc has decided it would like to start buzzing and stuttering for 1-5 seconds at random intervals whilst doing any sort of video playback.
I've gone through all the update drivers etc. and nothing seems to have helped.

I know this could also be cpu related, i have a rather old E8500 dual core. however when watching videos (youtube,. vlc player etc.) the usage goes barley above 5%. I've searched around for a fix and notived a few others have the problem. Someone said they fixed the problem by ending a process, so i've gone through ending all the ones i can yet the problem still occurs.

I'm out of ideas and was wondering if anyone has had/ knows about this problem.

You might want to look at 2 things, check your speakers elsewhere and see if its buzzy and crackly.
If it is, it maybe time for some new speakers soon, if its not, check your onoard sound.
It maybe wearing out if you had it for quite awhile, you can try a recently new pci sound card and see if it works.

Checking your pc for any malware or spyware is another option to consider. Things like that take up system resources and can cause your pc to stutter, run slow and even lock up

drivers? check those.
reinitalize your windows audio services as well.
also check your page fault delta as well and try to get rid of things that use it excessively.
check other media players as well

Hi Guys, Thanks for getting back to me. With regards to the sound part, it's defintley not the speakers or sound card due to stuttering occuring in time with the video playback.

With regards to malware, i have been checking using various different Virus software etc. and nothing has been found.

All the drivers are up to date and there have been no recent updates to them to cause this to happen. I will have a look at the page fault data,, however i will be uable to do this as i'm now on holiday for a week :p

Back
Top Bottom