Why do games like Far Cry crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chziime said:
Enermax 460 Watts!

That's more than enough, right?? How can I test my PSU?

could be 1000watts...if the rails suck then it will crash. need to test your rails with sumthin like "speedfan" and see how many "A" each rail gets (see side of PSU for the A) is "A" stand for AMPS? the more the better is all i know lol.

Enermax are always good PSU's, they usually allow for quite a bit more power output than what they are rated
looks to me like you've either got a RAM problem, or driver problem
first, update your video card drivers, and install DirectX 9.0c
if that doesn't work, if you have more than one RAM disk, try using one at a time and see if it crashes

have you tried a different gfx card? maybe your card could be on its last legs. i got something similar before my gfx died

lazerman said:
6800 Ultra's havn't been out long enough for it to just die.

generilization...the card could be dead right out of the box. the newer the card the more chances of it having undiscovered problems/flaws. if you bought a quality brand card and you didn't pay too little for it then it should be ok however. check it out and if it does prove to be faulty and it's somewhat new an RMA should solve your problems.

chziime said:
It's not just Far Cry. It happens on some other games, too. When played Desert Combat in BF1942, this one time the sound of a machine gun was repeating a lot, and then it froze and the sound kept going. Once in CoD after an explosion, it froze and the same weird colored lines came up on the screen as when they did in 1600x1200 Far Cry.

you got your answer already

go back to nvidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom