Need a 500$ build

flame2hand

Baseband Member
Need build help! please comment!

Hey, i am really noobish to computer and need some help. I would like to build a computer for 500$ i would like to able to run newish games like skyrim, it doesnt have to be able to play on high, mid is just fine with me. Please comment and thanks in advance. i also have a 2gb extra i could put in it too. i would like atlest 4gb ram. If i buy all the parts my friend said he would help me put it 2gether, thanks so much!

What do you currently have? Monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? What kind is the 2GB you have (DDR, DDR2, DDR3, speed)?

Let us know and we can go from there.

thanks so much! you really made my day!

i was wondering tho, what kind of power supply do i need? like will any do?

I'm the wrong person to ask about psu. I believe the power supply should be the best item you buy. If picked right it will last years zand be resusable over aNd over.

I blieve in Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, Seasonic, as the top few, along with a couple other brands..
But basically, along with the wattage, Amps need to be as high as you can get.

85% of builds only need 650W to leave lots of headroom.

Also note, others might be able to tweek that list better, I just wiped it up quickly.

I'm the wrong person to ask about psu. I believe the power supply should be the best item you buy. If picked right it will last years zand be resusable over aNd over.

I blieve in Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, Seasonic, as the top few, along with a couple other brands..
But basically, along with the wattage, Amps need to be as high as you can get.

85% of builds only need 650W to leave lots of headroom.

Also note, others might be able to tweek that list better, I just wiped it up quickly.

Well, I was able to get a gaming build to ~$330. About $332 after the HDD went up $3 since I made the build on the website. :/
Here's someone playing on a build like it (they have the same APU, no dedicated graphics card).

Maybe add a 6670 ($60 after rebate) and that would probably be a pretty good build. Maybe. >_>

OP, does this budget include the OS? Or do you mean $500 for just the tower?
If you just mean the tower I guess this might work if you upgraded some of the parts (I think a lot of people here would want a better mobo).
I think the 7750 (in the second build) is supposed to be able to run Skyrim at ~40 fps on Ultra on 1080p.
(Though, I do have a question about the 7750, does it need to be plugged into the PSU with two cables, or just one? That PSU wouldn't work if it needed two.)

Back
Top Bottom