front panel mobo connectors and front audio mobo connectors help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardy89

In Runtime
Been putting my pc together tonight (almost there) and came across a few probs!!!!

My front panel conectors (mobo)are bewildering me!!!! i plugged in the speaker, power switch and res switch but then i got stuck!!!!
In all there are 7 connectors remaining and seven pins for them but i dont know what goes where, the connectors for the case r labelled different to the mobo!!!
The seven connectors I have r:
Gnd
Gnd
Vcc
TPA-
TPA+
TPB-
TPB+

The pins i have on the mobo are:seperated into two sections pwr led and front panel, in total i have 7 pins left, 3 pwr led and 4 front panel!

The front panel pins are:

ide activity light (+ and -)
and msg led/pwr/sleep led (+ and -)

=4

the pwr led pins i dont know anything apart from there are 3 connectors!! Please help me!!!!

The link for my mobo is here: http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard...GA-7N400-L.htm#

Thats so u can get the manual!!!!

In addition to this I also have one tiny prob with the front audio pins there is a wire from the case for the front audio called mic bias, there was no pin for mic bias only mic in!!! so i plugged the mic in wire to the mic in pin and the mic bias wire to the ref pin as it had no use! Also ther is an firewire port on the front of the case, so i'm sure some these wires are firewire, i dont want to connect these coz my mobo dont support it!!!

Thanx

your link is broken. assuming the manual is the same as this http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf

Gnd
Gnd
Vcc
TPA-
TPA+
TPB-
TPB+
are the USB connections. notice the A & the B those are sets that go on opposites rows. one row has 1 less pin than the other row. page 38 is the front USB panel F_USB.

the MSG led is the one that is a (usually green) light that shows that the computer has power or is sleeping, note that this is different from the power button which is a switch to turn the computer on.

ide activity light is the HDD hard disk
go to page 33 of 112 from that PDF. look at the front panel (F_PANEL) that's where your HDD, power & reset connetors go to.

yeah thenks alot i dint realise the link was broken, the manual is exactly the same, my probs are solved great stuff!!!!
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom