Time for a new rig, suggestions?

yo1mcool

Baseband Member
Hey there Tech Forum goers. I gave my last computer (found in my signature) to my older brother, and I'm tired on trying to use my laptop to game.

After the great help and suggestions yall gave me for that one, I thought I'd ask again.

This is what I'm looking at currently:

• Other accessories: Arctic Silver, possibly a 3rd party CPU Fan
With shipping, this will be < $900. I'm not really looking to spend more than that.

If you have any ideas for components that could / should be switched for something that is better and within the same ballpark of price, let me know!

Just as a reminder, this is primarily being built for gaming.

As always, thanks for any help!

the only suggestions i have would be to spend $10 more for ddr 1600 ram and a few dollars more for a hd with more than 16 Mb cache. but i wouldnt take away anything else to make budget.

seems fine.

the only suggestions i have would be to spend $10 more for ddr 1600 ram and a few dollars more for a hd with more than 16 Mb cache. but i wouldnt take away anything else to make budget.

seems fine.

I wasn't entirely sure if I could use DDR3 1600, because looking at the MOBO it says: Memory Standard - DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066. So it can use DDR3 1600 then?

If so, I'll probably get Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I'll have to look through the hard drives again later, don't have the time right now. They are so much more expensive now compared to when I last built a computer. :wtf:

I wasn't entirely sure if I could use DDR3 1600, because looking at the MOBO it says: Memory Standard - DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066. So it can use DDR3 1600 then?

If so, I'll probably get Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I'll have to look through the hard drives again later, don't have the time right now. They are so much more expensive now compared to when I last built a computer. :wtf:
You can thank WD and Seagate being greedy *******s for that.

I've been out of the hardware game for a while... what would yall suggest? A four, six, or eight core processor? Why?

Also, I'm hoping to get a video card that be rocking max settings for games over the next few years. Is the one I have okay, or should I spend another $50-100?

Thanks all!

For about 900 you can get a 2500k rig. If you game, no point in having more than 4 cores at all. I'll be rocking my rig for about 2-3 years as well. All I'm doing is adding a 670 4GB when they are released.

Back
Top Bottom