A few things I want to ask about before upgrading

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Okay. How would transferring windows 7 to the SSD work? Will I keep my data on my current HDD?

Could someone suggest me a Router for the upgrade? My old router is pooping out on me, budget is $40 for the router.

Okay. How would transferring windows 7 to the SSD work? Will I keep my data on my current HDD?
When you are switching to SSD it is best to do a fresh format so when you install your programs you make sure they go to the drive the way they are supposed to.

Could someone suggest me a Router for the upgrade? My old router is pooping out on me, budget is $40 for the router.
Friend of mine has this and has no complaints.
Newegg.com - ASUS RT-N12/B1 SuperSpeedN Wireless Router with 2x5dBi Antenna / Open Source DDWRT Support IEEE 802.11b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u

What's the difference on the amount of bands/antennas on the router? If it's about range of connection, I honestly don't need it to go so far.
Bands and antennas are speed. 5ghz range has a lot less interference and so you could get full speed better. The better the range on the router the less of a speed drop you will have periodically if any at all.

Btw, the LAN ports are only 10/100 if that makes any difference to you.

Back
Top Bottom