Whole computer with mouse and keyboard gets stuck, please help me to fix it :(

ChampionA

Solid State Member
Problem:
My keyboard and mouse gets stuck(the system as a whole hangs...nothing works hardware/software) all of a sudden when am working with the windows and am unable to do anything other than reboot the machine.Again it works fine for sometime and then this happens again.

I'm not sure about the temperature of the processor, but it should be okay.

I don't know how to fix it...
Please help me!

Machine Details:
1)Asus Sabertooth p67
2) Nvidia GTX 590
3) intel 2600k
4) Windows 7
5) also some liquid cooler for processor (in the shop they said it is good enough to cool processor)

If you need to know anything else, please let me know - I will tell you.

does your computer has error message or it just stack up on the middle of working?

and what programs are you running during does hang time?

No, my computer hasn't any error message. It is just stack up on the middle of working.

I use web-browser: Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft word and I think my computer stack up also with other programms, but I'm not sure

What I have to do to fix it ?

2 things might cause this problem, first is your OS might be infected by a virus which cause for your computer to stack, second is hardware problem. i have this kind of computer before and i can say im having a hardtime also in working due to its lower specs.

if you can go into safemode, you can scan for possible infection. well one more thing i got confuse on your machine detail the first machine details says that your OS is "OS-Windows Xp Home Edition" while on the lower part there is also a machine detail that says that your OS is "Windows 7".:whistle:

2 things might cause this problem, first is your OS might be infected by a virus which cause for your computer to stack, second is hardware problem. i have this kind of computer before and i can say im having a hardtime also in working due to its lower specs.

if you can go into safemode, you can scan for possible infection. well one more thing i got confuse on your machine detail the first machine details says that your OS is "OS-Windows Xp Home Edition" while on the lower part there is also a machine detail that says that your OS is "Windows 7".:whistle:

I think there is no virus which cause because I reinstalled whole OS two times and it didn't help. So if it is not virus, it is hardware problem (might be), but how to check it ? How can I check which hardware is causing these problems ?

and about OS... Sorry I copied from other thread and pasted it by accident and forgot to remove it.

First thing I would suggest is download the Memtest86+ ISO, and burn it to a disc:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Boot off of the disc, and let that run overnight (4 hours minimum is good, but the longer it runs the more thoroughly tested the RAM is). This will test your RAM to see if it's bad or not. If it comes back without errors, then we can rule that out. If there are any errors at all, then you'll need to test RAM sticks one at a time to see which one is causing the issues.

If no errors, then try removing all extra PCI cards and see if you still get lockups.

I would also try running a chkdsk. Do this by going to Start > type in cmd > right click Command Prompt > Run as Admin > type in the following:
chkdsk /f /r c:
It will ask to schedule on next reboot. Type in Y and hit enter, then reboot. Let it run the chkdsk (could take an hour or so, depending on the size of your drive).

May also be a good idea to check the System portion of the Event Viewer around the time of your last lockups to see if there's any indication as to what could be causing it there, as well.

Back
Top Bottom