Faulty Ati 4870HD

Rickykin

Beta member
Hi all,

First bit of an introduction - I'm a 24 year old student from the UK, who has just finished my degree and about to start working in the property industry. Have read through these forums in the past when I've had issues with computer and found it an invaluable resource. I've only just registered to ask a question regarding a Faulty 4870 HD Graphics card.

I purchased a Mesh PC back in 2009 with 2x 4870 Ati Graphics card with crossfire. There was always issues with the graphics and earlier this year I took the PC to a repair shop and it turns out Mesh had fitted an inadequate motherboard to hold the two graphics cards, meaning they were brushing against each other, causing one of them to stop working completely. It was returned to me in a bag by the engineer, although he didn't mention the exact fault with it.

Since then I have been running just a single 4870 and it has been working much better, and I haven't noticed any reduction in performance for the sort of games I've been playing - so no problems on that front. However, I am wondering what to do with the faulty graphics card. I've heard that parts can be salvaged from them and am considering selling it on ebay, but am weary of the hassle of selling faulty goods (even if it's made clear). With that in mind I would prefer selling it direct to somewhere that deals exclusively with salvaging faulty hardware, but unsure where to look or what price to look for. Does anyone here know the answer to the following:

1. Is it worth selling in the first place?
2. Where is best place to sell it?
3. What sort of price should I expect to get if I do sell it.

Many Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom