Will this setup work?

Chriskaar

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, Chris here! :D

Im going to build a computer. I want it to be good for Gaming, After Effects/Premiere
I want a good render time, and i want my After effects and Premiere and games to work fast and great.

i don't know too much about setting up a PC but i got a clue. So here is the setup i came up with:

Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5"

ASUS P8Z77-M, Socket-1155
m-ATX, Z77, DDR3, 1xG3+1xG2-PCIe-x16, CFX, VGA, DVI, HDMI, UEFI

Intel Core i7-2600K Processor
Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4Ghz, 8MB, 95W, Boxed w/fan

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
PCI-EXPRESS 3.0, DVI-I+DVI-D, DisplayPort, native-HDMI
Cooler Master HAF 922 Midi Tower Black

Corsair HX 750W PSU

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL10

What i am intressted in being able to do:

Eyefinity (3 Screens for gaming)
Good Render Time for AE and Premiere
I wanna be able to upgrade my ram to 32 later on.
I wanna Get another same graphic card and crossfire.

Will this work with this setup?
Is the graphic card good for the latest games out there (like battlefiled 3)
How well will it run with Battlefield 3?

Would really be great to hear your opinion!

Thanks alot for your time! :D :)

the 7770 will play bf3 (and other new games), but how well depends on your resolution and settings. if you're looking for more gaming performance, youre going to have to add another $50 to $100 at least.

if you want to play bf3 on 3 screens, youll have to take the settings way down.

A 7970 at 3 1080p screens requires low and medium settings to run BF3 so a 7770 probably wont handle it very well. If you can handle not being able to play BF3 or such demanding games till you get Crossfire then the 7770 will...work.
Honestly, if you want to run Eyefinity while gaming then you will need beefier graphics.

That 922 will handle a full size board so I'm curious as to why you chose an mATX?

Also, if your budget will handle it I recommend grabbing an SSD for your OS and BF3. It really helps a ton with loading times.

If you aren't OCing then I also will recommend the 3770 or 3570 over the 2600k. You only need a K class CPU if you want to OC.

A 7970 at 3 1080p screens requires low and medium settings to run BF3 so a 7770 probably wont handle it very well. If you can handle not being able to play BF3 or such demanding games till you get Crossfire then the 7770 will...work.
Honestly, if you want to run Eyefinity while gaming then you will need beefier graphics.

That 922 will handle a full size board so I'm curious as to why you chose an mATX?

Also, if your budget will handle it I recommend grabbing an SSD for your OS and BF3. It really helps a ton with loading times.

If you aren't OCing then I also will recommend the 3770 or 3570 over the 2600k. You only need a K class CPU if you want to OC.

So you recomend the Intel® Core i7-3770 Processor over the i7 2600k? Why so, whats the diffrence really? Just wondring, not really got at this :) My first try building one haha :)
And i found an SSD:

OCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.5" 60GB
SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 525MB/475MB/s read/write, SandForce® SF-2281

Is that a good one?

And does the case not fit the Motherboard? What Case should i pick? or should i pick another motherboard?

Thanks for your help :)

So you recomend the Intel® Core i7-3770 Processor over the i7 2600k? Why so, whats the diffrence really? Just wondring, not really got at this :) My first try building one haha :)
And i found an SSD:

OCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.5" 60GB
SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 525MB/475MB/s read/write, SandForce® SF-2281

Is that a good one?

And does the case not fit the Motherboard? What Case should i pick? or should i pick another motherboard?

Thanks for your help :)
The 3770 is faster than the 2600k stock. The K only means that the multiplier is unlocked for overclocking. If you are interested in overclocking then go ahead and keep the 2600k. The 3770 is 10-12% faster than the 2600k stock for only 20 bucks more so I recommended it because it is worth it if you never plan on overclocking your computer.

Yes, the Agility 3 is a good SSD.

The motherboard will fit in the case easily. The motherboard you chose is micro-ATX, meaning it is smaller than a standard ATX board. The 922 can fit all standard ATX boards so was just wondering why you chose an mATX board over the bigger ones. Just for the record, the motherboard is fine. I was just curious why such a huge case and a tiny motherboard :)

I personally would concentrate more on GPU power than CPU power, but that is just my opinion since you want to do Eyefinity and BF3.

The 3770 is faster than the 2600k stock. The K only means that the multiplier is unlocked for overclocking. If you are interested in overclocking then go ahead and keep the 2600k. The 3770 is 10-12% faster than the 2600k stock for only 20 bucks more so I recommended it because it is worth it if you never plan on overclocking your computer.

Yes, the Agility 3 is a good SSD.

The motherboard will fit in the case easily. The motherboard you chose is micro-ATX, meaning it is smaller than a standard ATX board. The 922 can fit all standard ATX boards so was just wondering why you chose an mATX board over the bigger ones. Just for the record, the motherboard is fine. I was just curious why such a huge case and a tiny motherboard :)

I personally would concentrate more on GPU power than CPU power, but that is just my opinion since you want to do Eyefinity and BF3.

I have no idea why i picked a micro motherboard, haha :) it was looking good that's all, but is a normal motherboard cheaper? Can i get the same performance with an normal motherboard, but cheaper or? should i just stick with the one i choosed?

Eyefinity isnt a must for BF3, i know it will require alot of power! but if im atleast im able to run in 1080p and beeing able to record BF3 and other new games and to edit same time as im multitasking with other programs (like having Photoshop, After FX open at the same time, maybe even Adobe Premiere (browser) ). and having a good render time. then im good to go i think :D

I have no idea why i picked a micro motherboard, haha :) it was looking good that's all, but is a normal motherboard cheaper? Can i get the same performance with an normal motherboard, but cheaper or? should i just stick with the one i choosed?

Eyefinity isnt a must for BF3, i know it will require alot of power! but if im atleast im able to run in 1080p and beeing able to record BF3 and other new games and to edit same time as im multitasking with other programs (like having Photoshop, After FX open at the same time, maybe even Adobe Premiere (browser) ). and having a good render time. then im good to go i think :D
If you want an ATX alternative that will give a bit more features, here is one.
Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

If you want to do all that, then I might say go ahead and grab 16GB of RAM so you don't have any unnecessary swapping to your drive. The card will play BF3 at 1080p but not at high settings.

Back
Top Bottom