Asus or MSI?

As in, I have seen a $300 laptop have hinges that are superior in over-all design when compared to the hinges/design in a $2500 macbook. I think that is one of the last things over-all that could make the difference between both machines. As said earlier, they are essentially the same, but you get a few more "useless" features on the MSI for that extra $100, till you see it has dual mSATA and the SATAIII HDD bay, along with support for raid arrays.

Only thing I don't like about the Asus G7x hinges is that you're restricted as to how far you can go back (even more so than a normal laptop hinge restriction). Can be a pain sometimes, but not a huge issue.

The hinge designs appear the same from the outside, but it isn't how it APPEARS that matters. On the inside the hinge in one could be like my vostro, two little stubs and thats it, very fragile. Or the hinges could be a part of a large steel/aluminum frame inside the body of the laptop that goes along the screen and base of it. The outside can't show the actual hinge construction sadly.

If the G75 hinge is anything like my G73, then it's quite sturdy.

Can't say anything for the MSI, unfortunately.

I haven't gone as far as dismantling my friends MSI laptop from the last generation, but as I said, the only thing that has caused it damage is a child getting ahold of the keyboard, it's been dropped, stepped on, and all sorts of crap has happened to it. Has held up better than what I expected honestly.

Took the plunge. Decided on Asus. Unfortunately, Newegg and most every Online retailer was out of stock, and I don't feel like waiting a month. I went down to Best Buy and had them order one into the store from the warehouse. I know, the BB version only has a 660m, and a slow HDD, but I have a spare Vertex 3 sitting on my desk waiting for it. For once, I actually had a GOOD experience in BB. The 2 guys that I talked to actually knew what they were talking about, and they were efficient! It was a good day. Will post a review when I get it, on the 14th. :thumbsup: Thanks guys!

I think ASUS is much better then MSI, some of my friend using ASUS laptops or notebooks, and trust me they said there laptops servicing them pretty well. Your should go with Asus G75.

Back
Top Bottom