In need of help with my Gateway GT5228

Emmas Dad

Beta member
Hello Everyone,
I am new here to this site. I was looking around on google and seen a post about a desktop like mine and it brought me to this site. I have looked around here and it is great to know there is a place like this so people can come too with questions or comments.
I have a Gateway GT5228 and about a year ago I was on the internet and shut everything down and went to bed. When I got up and tried to boot the desktop, it came on, but no video. I thought it may be a Video Card, but when I looked inside, I noticed that the video was built into the board. I then worked with all the cables and still nothing happened. I then took the desktop to a shop and he had it overnight to look at it. I called the next day and he said it needed a new motherboard and a total of $259 to fix the problem. I just when out and bought a used desktop to use and placed it in a closet.
Now I really want to get it fixed, but I was wondering if I could just install a video card to get it back up and running. Once you turn it on, you can see the blue light on the front and it looks like it is booting up. I have never installed a video card, but it loos like it's a install and go type of deal. Is there a way to see if a video card will work without spending a lot of money for nothing? Any help with this will be a huge help, I would hate to just throw the desktop away.
Thanks,
James

Part Number: 1009153Gateway GT5228 Media Center Computer
Model: GT5228

You can visit here to see the complete specifications
Gateway Support - Specifications

Well okay, I see I haven't had anyone to respond to my post yet. I did find out that there is a slot so I can install a graphics card. I looked around on youtube and seen this Gateway GT5228 Refurbished Desktop PC - YouTube
It shows what my desktop looks like and what I have to work with. I just don't know what the best graphic card I can install. I am going to look around everywhere to see if I can find someone who has one that aren't useing right now to make sure with it installed, I will have video.

Back
Top Bottom