Getting new Computer, with $1500 Cap

Camoslash

Beta member
Alright, so I have been looking for a new computer, since I am about to get rid of this crappy Toshiba Netbook. I found something that may seem plausible, except the problem is that I barely have any clue on computer specs. So, here is a list of the specs:

HP Pavilion dv6t Select Edition customizable Notebook PC

• Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
  • 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7470M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics(TM) [HDMI, VGA]
  • FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
  • FREE upgrade to 36 for 24 month price - Norton Internet Security(TM) 2012 - 3 Year Subscription
  • 30% OFF High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • 15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)
  • SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
  • HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
  • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
  • Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
  • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

TOTAL: $858.99

If there are any suggestions, or better builds you could suggest for under $1500, that would be great =) I am looking for a computer for college, but one that will also hold a good amount of games.

Do no get HP. It's just too much trouble picking the good one out of a haystack.

I would look at an ASUS Zenbook. From what I know, it can play the latest games.

Do no get HP. It's just too much trouble picking the good one out of a haystack.

I would look at an ASUS Zenbook. From what I know, it can play the latest games.

The first gen can't handle games, from what I know. (I own one.) It has an HD 3000. Depending on the model, the second gen Zenbooks either have a GT 620m or an HD 4000. Neither of which can handle games at full res on its 1080p screen. Don't get me wrong though, the Zenbook is hands down the BEST PC I've ever owned. Just don't plan on gaming on it. But I second MoM on not getting and HP. Not worth the hassle if something goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom