Computer choice

depends on your wiring ability. can you snake a cat5 cable through the walls? how does your mom feel about conduit? :)

if you plan to overclock just a little, you will probably be fine. if you want to overclock a lot, you need to get a better cooler.

I have been looking at cases and I am getting really skeptical and that's probably bad, because it is probably one of the more non-important parts. I have no idea what case I want because everything seems like it is just plain bad. I know that is the case for most products, but I am usually aware of the product before hand, and cases are not a specialty of my knowledge.

Cases are mostly personal preference. It's best, though, to get the least amount of plastic as possible, that way heat dissipates easier.

As far as what Overclocking is, it's basically increasing the clock speed of the CPU (processor) to run at a higher frequency than stock. For example, the i5 that was suggested runs a 3.4GHz. If you were to overclock it, you would increase the clock speed (by increasing several different things such as CPU voltages/multipliers, and RAM timings/frequencies/voltages through the BIOS) to say 3.8GHz. It would then have a 0.4GHz overclock, because its running at a higher frequency than what its stock.

You can also overclock graphic cards as well.

I probably won't be overclocking, but I am going to play it on the safe side and most likely purchase a separate fan.

thesema parts becomes a good pc

Crossfire (for ATI cards) and SLI (for nVidia cards) is linking pairs of cards together as a "single" card to increase gaming performance and power.

Back
Top Bottom