How to pack the following items for shipping?

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hey, pretty soon I'll be selling my GTX 460 and I'll be shipping it off, and shortly after my motherboard and cpu. I've never shipped such pc parts so what do u guys suggest for shipping them? Just bubble wrap and box? I'm guessing there's something special to do with the mobo and cpu considering the pins on the cpu and the back of the motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

I just put mine in an anti-static bag and then put it in a bubble wrap pouch if I don't have a box. Then just stuff it in a flat rate box and ship it out. I try to keep my boxes just in case for shipping reasons though.

If I'm shipping a mobo/cpu combo I leave the CPU in the socket and put the mobo in an anti-static bag. Then bubble wrap it and box it. If I have box big enough I try to use some peanuts too as an extra measure.

An electronic shop, or you can see if the shipping place has them. Sometimes they do.

I still have the bag my mobo came in I believe, considering I bought it a little over a year ago, would the anti-static property still exist? Lol.

Yes, it is nothing but a light metal coating honestly. I would go anti-static bag tapped shut, then wrap the component every which way with a roll of bubble wrap till the box is filled.

Yes, it is nothing but a light metal coating honestly. I would go anti-static bag tapped shut, then wrap the component every which way with a roll of bubble wrap till the box is filled.

Making sure it's snug in the box is the key. It's usually movement within the packaging that causes damage. You can use the motherboard bag or ask a local nerd/computer shop, they probably have them lying around.

Back
Top Bottom