Imead S3810 Problems

Tuptup

Beta member
Hi there, Last year i bought the I Imedia S3810 and thought the integrated graphics looked nasty, so consequently I bought a HD5450 and fitted it and everything was much better. Recently though, I have been wanting to play more graphic intensive games and realise that a new graphics card would be the solution to this.
the problem is that the s3810 only has a 250W PSU and a very small case size so i am very limited as to what graphics card i can get.

So, here is my question: Would it be safe/viable to transfer the computer's component's to a new case and fit a new PSU and then graphics card? And if not, are there any decent Low-profile graphics cards that would run on a 250W PSU?

Many thanks in advance.

probably not going to happen. Most of the premade computers come on non standard sized motherboards, which means it wont fit exactly right if at all in a new case. your best bet is probably to save up and buy a new set up. give us a budget and we can work out the best money can buy.

here is a thread from a year and 3 days ago from someone with the same question.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/need-help-upgrading-imedia-computer-245897/

edit: mom... what a ninja.

Yeah, didn't want it to come to selling my s3810 But ah well.
I'm thinking (Assuming i get very little money for the S3810) My intitial budget is around £350, which is not much, but i'm really just looking for something i can steadily upgrade.
I'll be more careful about buying PCs with micro ATX boards and sub-par PSUs in the future.

Yeah, didn't want it to come to selling my s3810 But ah well.
I'm thinking (Assuming i get very little money for the S3810) My intitial budget is around £350, which is not much, but i'm really just looking for something i can steadily upgrade.
I'll be more careful about buying PCs with micro ATX boards and sub-par PSUs in the future.

micro atx boards arent necesarily a problem. if your goals were a cheap computer that did everything you wanted it do, seems like it was a good buy. Now that your priorities have changed and you want to game a bit more is it failing.

Back
Top Bottom