Computer-first post and bad with computers-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITS ALL FIXED!!!! But how do I connect to the internet now? I'm not sure if this has a Wifi card or not, but I do have a wifi adapter right next to me, is there a wifi chip in this computer?

Open Device Manager again, and expand the "Network adapters" section. What adapters are listed there?

If that's the only thing listed, then it seems to either not have a wifi card, or is not detecting the hardware properly.

Did you say you had a USB wifi adapter? Did it come with it, or did you get it separately?

I dont have a USB, its a slot card, and I bought it separately, it is called Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adaptor with SpeedBooster 2.4Ghz 802.11g

I put it in, and tried to install it but it didn't work, went to device manager got another ? and its Network Controller

You'll need to install the drivers for it as well. Should be able to get them from Linksys's website.

I would suggest plugging into hardwired to get your computer updated though Windows updates. That way you can get patched up before you do too much internet browsing, and also see if Windows Updates can pick up any other hardware that's missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom