Computer-first post and bad with computers-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, when I said bad with computers, I AM AWFUL!!! I found the chipset, but there are so many Networking things, but none are ethernet can't find VGA, can't find wireless. You pretty much have to tell me what I have to download exactly, otherwise the incompetent person (me) won't be able to do it. Also that page will not load for me..

So I should download all 16 onto a blank CD, and then put it in my computer. Then will it automatically install?

My link above went directly to the right drivers. They're all there. Might be called a bit different.
Your link goes to the Dell main drivers screen to pick a model or service tag. With the service tag, we can get the exact drivers that he needs from the hardware.

Okay, when I said bad with computers, I AM AWFUL!!! I found the chipset, but there are so many Networking things, but none are ethernet can't find VGA, can't find wireless. You pretty much have to tell me what I have to download exactly, otherwise the incompetent person (me) won't be able to do it. Also that page will not load for me..

Post your Service Tag code, please, and we can help you more.

Get the following drivers for now:

Audio: Sigmatel-Driver
COmmunications: Conexant-Driver
Network: Broadcom-Driver
Video: Intel-Driver

After you have installed all of them, let us know what devices are left under Device Manager that are not working (yellow question mark or exclamation mark). We can go from there then.

Click the Download button next to each of the drivers, select "Download via browser" and then click the Download Now button.

Download them on the computer you're currently on, and then copy them to a flash drive, and copy them to the other computer, and install them.

I used a CD, and I cannot install the drivers, I tried to reinstall every one, but it failed every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom