No Signal To Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TempleKnight

Beta member
Good Evening!

I was wondering if you fine folks could help me out with a no signal issue I am having to my monitor.

It's a recently put together rig that I built on my own. The issue is that calling me an amateur would be a compliment and I really can't troubleshoot on my own. So when I ran into a problem, I was literally clueless. But the rig is brand new, I haven't even been able to install an OS yet because I can't get any image up on my monitor.

I've already replaced the motherboard and everything else seems to be booting up just fine. The heat sink is running smoothly, the video card boots up and seems to be running fine. I've checked for loose screws in the case, tried putting the video card in other available slots, tried removing a stick (and both) of RAM before booting. A few other things I have tried but don't remember them off the top of my head.

Anyway, my components, if they are needed....

PSU
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

HDrive
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Processor
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Video Card
SAPPHIRE 100326L Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready

Monitor
Asus VE198D 19" LED BackLight LCD Monitor 250cd/m2 10,000,000:1

=========================================

And as I said.. I am fairly new to this scene. I know a little, but the more you talk to me like I am an idiot, the more helpful you will probably be... lol

The problem could be something really easy and stupid that I am overlooking. I just don't know what it is.

Thank you for any and all help. I really appreciate it.

that power supply sux. It's not even in the approved list for power supplies for that video card, you'll need a 650W at minimum and a name brand with a good reputation. I can not say that is the main problem, but it is contributing to your problem.

Here is a list of approved power supplies for your video card from AMD
AMD Certified Power Supplies

A method that can help you determine your issue is removing the board from the case, then pull everything off the is not required to get it to post (Power On Self Test....it's usually the screen you see just before windows starts)
Just leave the cpu/fan/heatsink, video card, mouse/keyboard, one stick of memory and properly connected power supply of good standing. Place the board on a non-conductive surface and test it out to see if it'll post

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the Power Supply. But if I replace it... Is there going to be a signal to my monitor?

And would you recommend a certain PSU or brand?

Thank You very much. I will make this swap, and revitalize this thread with the results.

Thank you for your time (and yours as well, Joe)

I'd also recommend re-checking all of your connections, especially the RAM. There's been tons of times when I just haven't pushed the RAM modules in all the way, and the system just gives a black screen, no beeps, and just sits there.

Hey There,

Have you made sure all your connections into Your Graphics Card are connected correctly, I believe that card runs with a 6 pin connection for power, you might not even have a 6 pin connection on your PSU, I had the same problem, then I found out about the connection thing and it worked for me. Good Luck

Scott x1

I replaced the PSU with a 700w Corsair and no luck.

The graphics card doesn't have a 6pin connector Scott, and I have already tried connecting / reconnecting the RAM carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom