Computer-first post and bad with computers-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmatt

In Runtime
I recently acquired a dell latitude D620, and it is completely wiped. It has the operating system installed on it already, but nothing else. The internet is NOT loading and I have no idea what to do. Hellpp!!

Check device manager and see if any drivers are installed.

If not, then go to Dell's website, go to the Driver Download section, type in the Service tag that's on the sticker on the bottom of the computer into the search, and download all necessary drivers (video, chipset, wifi, hardwired, audio, etc.).

Check device manager and see if any drivers are installed.

If not, then go to Dell's website, go to the Driver Download section, type in the Service tag that's on the sticker on the bottom of the computer into the search, and download all necessary drivers (video, chipset, wifi, hardwired, audio, etc.).
Um... wheres device manager.... lol sorry!

Start > Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager button.

There is probably a bunch of stuff with eiher yellow question marks, or yellow exclamation marks.

Look on the bottom of the laptop. THere should be a sticker with the words "Service Tag" on the bottom, followed by a code (usually 7 digits, if I remember correctly).

Go here:
Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

And in the "Service tag or express code" box, type in that service tag number you found on the sticker, then click Submit.

That will give you the drivers for the hardware for your specific computer that you need.

Ah, found it, and I put in the service tag thing and found the drivers. The drivers I need
Starts with Other Devices
Ethernet Controller
O2Micro CCID SC Reader
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible

Find the CHipset driver in the list and install that first.
Then ethernet (networking).
Then wireless.
Then graphics (VGA) drivers.
Then Then sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom