Full Red Screen (Not RSoD)

...Glad it took 3 pages and no answers...Issue happened again today, I will be RMAing my Mobo within the week.

...Glad it took 3 pages and no answers...Issue happened again today, I will be RMAing my Mobo within the week.

Suggestions were given for you to try. You ignored most of them.
Did you ever do a memtest86+ run? Did you ever run stress tests like suggested to see exactly if there was a hardware issue somewhere?
Just because your system registers all of your RAM, doesn't mean it's all working properly; there can be a bad block of memory and everything else on it is fine.

Suggestions were given for you to try. You ignored most of them.
Did you ever do a memtest86+ run? Did you ever run stress tests like suggested to see exactly if there was a hardware issue somewhere?
Just because your system registers all of your RAM, doesn't mean it's all working properly; there can be a bad block of memory and everything else on it is fine.

Ran memtest86+ one each stick of mem I have and am only using 2 ags atm.
Used the GPU stress test max temp 47C on 1080p no issues.
Prime 95 nothing reached over 30C but CPU hit 35C.
No crashes from stress.

Ran memtest86+ one each stick of mem I have and am only using 2 ags atm.
Used the GPU stress test max temp 47C on 1080p no issues.
Prime 95 nothing reached over 30C but CPU hit 35C.
No crashes from stress.

Ok all of your temps look good, if asus tech support does not know whats happening...
Your best bet for today is try a good quality DVI cable or vga cable check your resolutions settings on your vga card.
If all else fails and newegg will accept a rma, we'll get you a different mobo that will work out much better.

Toms hardware forum has reached its limit of what they can do, and possibly us.
Until we know the cable changing does work or not, we cannot do anything else from here.

UPDATE:
What nvidia drivers do you have installed currently ?
301.10 drivers
If you have this, please uninstall it immediately and try a older version if you get a chance.
When your running bf3 was there any other programs running beside it that would cause the rsod ?

I have a strong feeling it's a software/driver combination issue.
If you have onboard, try that first and let your pc run for abit.
No rsod, but GTX 680 keeps doing it ?
I recommend you call the manufacturer for your card and have them replace the card with stable drivers sent to you.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Ok all of your temps look good, if asus tech support does not know whats happening...
Your best bet for today is try a good quality DVI cable or vga cable check your resolutions settings on your vga card.
If all else fails and newegg will accept a rma, we'll get you a different mobo that will work out much better.

Toms hardware forum has reached its limit of what they can do, and possibly us.
Until we know the cable changing does work or not, we cannot do anything else from here.

UPDATE:
What nvidia drivers do you have installed currently ?
301.10 drivers
If you have this, please uninstall it immediately and try a older version if you get a chance.
When your running bf3 was there any other programs running beside it that would cause the rsod ?

I have a strong feeling it's a software/driver combination issue.
If you have onboard, try that first and let your pc run for abit.
No rsod, but GTX 680 keeps doing it ?
I recommend you call the manufacturer for your card and have them replace the card with stable drivers sent to you.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Lmao. Didn't read posts did you. Though I do thank you for any help.
Red screen has happened on both Onboard gpu and dedicated gpu. which is asus like mobo. Also never happened during BF3 which is weird cause I do run at max settings. I'm gona try buying a dvi cable though dont wana loose gsmi...

Just switched from HDMI to DVI adapter to pc connection with audio for my 32in tv. Gona see if it fixes it. If it does, why would trhe HDMI cause that does anyone known?

Since i am using an HDMi cable I can try to switch it or use my DVItoVGA to see if that fixes it, though I will most likely just get a better quality HDMI since I am using a free $8 one from newegg. I don't wana loose my HD Vid and Audio...

Quality is an illusion with HDMI cables due to the digital signal, so long as there's an electrical connection from one end to the other it doesn't really matter, they'll all perform the same. Your symptoms to me suggest a graphics card based issue, either it's not receiving enough power, overheating or there's an issue with the card in my opinion.

Quality is an illusion with HDMI cables due to the digital signal, so long as there's an electrical connection from one end to the other it doesn't really matter, they'll all perform the same. Your symptoms to me suggest a graphics card based issue, either it's not receiving enough power, overheating or there's an issue with the card in my opinion.

Not necessarily true. Depends on the gauge of the wire, as well as the type of material the HDMI connector ends are made of.

Gold ends + decently-thick cable = better signal quality than a standard HDMI cable. Other than that, that's correct, not much difference.

Back
Top Bottom