Building a high end gaming comp

in addition to what they had said i would like to recommend buying low integrated computer rather than buying high integrated computer with same specs as the low integrated one, due to this (integrated graphics) will be ignored once you had build your computer its own integrated Graphic card.
There are other aspects to a CPU than the IGP, why would you base a decision on something that is irrelevant to your build?

There are other aspects to a CPU than the IGP, why would you base a decision on something that is irrelevant to your build?

i am aware of computer aspect that affects the speed of computer, what im trying to say is same computer specs but the only discrepancy is its IGP.

Only problem with that being most of the newer and better CPU's have better integrated graphics so if he wanted to pick out one with a worse integrated graphics he would suffer in performance. For example say he wanted an i3, he could pick out an older gen i3 over a new one because it has a worse integrated graphics but what would be the point? All he has now done is got worse integrated graphics and worse performance.

Again, like what Roark said, there is no point basing anything on the IG as it has nothing to do with what he wants to do. He may as well just disregard the IG altogether as it wont help him in any way. If you look for a CPU that's 'discrepancy' is it's IG then you will find none that are as good as the ones with better IG (at default speeds) as newer and better CPU's are getting better IG to cater for people that don't want/need a graphics card.

So if I use a graphics card, what good does the integrated graphics do for me , and what difference does it make how high or low the number. This is the first I have heard of integrated graphics in a CPU, I dont see the point myself. Wouldn't anyone building computer with a high end Intel CPU be using a graphics card???
The IGP can come in handy if you are running tasks that load your GPUs up (folding, encoding, ect) and you can use that IGP to display your desktop without any lag. For people like us that is really the only good use for an IGP lol.

So av3lard, your saying since I am going to be using my own graphics card, like GTX 670, I should ignore the Intell HD graphics number of the cpu and go with a lower one. I was looking at the i5-3550 which has the HD2500 graphics , but then thinking I should go with the 15-3570K which has the HD4000 graphics. Its only $20 more, but then if I don't use the built in graphics does it matter??

So av3lard, your saying since I am going to be using my own graphics card, like GTX 670, I should ignore the Intell HD graphics number of the cpu and go with a lower one. I was looking at the i5-3550 which has the HD2500 graphics , but then thinking I should go with the 15-3570K which has the HD4000 graphics. Its only $20 more, but then if I don't use the built in graphics does it matter??
Get the 3570k because it is the better CPU. Ignore the IGP altogether.

Don't listen to what av3lard said.

it is my perception on the matter, we all different kind of this. its the the end user whether to choose this idea or not. i do respect on what other will might say but please respect others too.

@Runfox sir its up to your decision now to choose. if cost will not be an abundance then go for what they had said.

I dont know if you read my earlier post but if he took your idea he would be getting a weaker CPU rather than a more powerful one due to the weaker CPU's having weaker IG.

I wasn't trying to be rude but I didn't think your point was valid, there is no logic in choosing a CPU based on IG otherwise, by your logic he should get an Intel atom or something.

People have told me im wrong before, you just have to learn to take it, what help would it be to the op if I said, av3lard's point is good, you should consider what he is saying. When i don't believe it would be helping him.

Back
Top Bottom