Noob question, integrated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillerRK

Beta member
Hi, i bought this desktop from a friend for pretty cheap. Here it is Costco - HP p7 Quad Desktop Intel® Core
Yes i know it is integrated graphics but i would just use it for TF2 and minecraft. would the 8gb of ram and quad core processing make up for it? or would i be lagging pretty bad? also is this computer compatible for switching out graphic cards? if so are there any cheaper cards that would be decent for my games? thanks alot!

Well first of all that is not a Laptop, Secondly it all depends on how much watts the PSU is and what motherboard it is. The intergrated graphics would probally lag since its only hd graphics 2000 correct me if im wrong. You can probally switch out the graphics but that also means you need to upgrade the psu probally.

the specs of your computer is good, but if you want to play smooth game you should built your Box a dedicated Video card on it.

also is this computer compatible for switching out graphic cards?
Yes, your computer is capable of its own dedicated graphic card and it is written on the products details of the computer. in regards to what kind of card, i recommend NVDIA Gforce.

good news: it has a pcie x16 slot for a graphics card.

bad news: the power supply isnt powerful enough for any halfway decent graphics card.

verdict: you'll need to replace the psu before you can put in a gpu. if you aren't expecting miracles and have say ~$150, you can play the games required at not the greatest settings.
do you have a budget for upgrades?

My budget would be around 200$ but if i was able to play skyrim and BF3 etc. reasonably well i would go up to 350.

verdict: you'll need to replace the psu before you can put in a gpu. if you aren't expecting miracles and have say ~$150, you can play the games required at not the greatest settings.
do you have a budget for upgrades?

you hit the spot on here :grin:..

i think jasonalwaysready has already answered your question, happy playing. :suprised:

Thanks everyone who answered. Liked what newegg and bought the radeon HD 7850 and the antec power supply for it! cant wait to recieve it!

Also the Antec 620 it doesnt come with a power cord so make sure to use the one from your old psu just wanted to give the heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom