Compatibility check for the first PC that I am buiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treky123

Beta member
Hello, I am building my first computer and I have done quite a bit of research into what hardware I want. I will be doing a lot of work with CS5.5 (Hopefully 6 :D), I also do a little gaming, but only Minecraft and portal 2, so that was not a large consideration. The parts I choose are
--------
mobo:
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-------
CPU:
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770

-------
Graphics Card:
ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

--------
Hard Drive:
Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive WDBAAY0015HNC-N
--------
Memory:
HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)
--------
Optical Drive:
Sony Optiarc High Speed DVD RW Drive 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model 5280S-CB-PLUS

--------
Case:
COOLER MASTER Elite 330 Upgraded RC-330U-KKN1 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

---------
Power Supply:
Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply

-------
If its not to much to ask could you just check this hardware out and tell me if any of its not compatible, I have already done research on this and I think everything is okay but I just want to be safe, thanks!

Its compatible, not to baddly spec'd either.

BUT 2 issues. 1) Rosewill lower end psu's aren't the best. Look into Antec, Corsair, PC&P, FPS, Silverstone, SeaSonic.

I always say to not skimp on a psu, sure it doesn't make a faster cpu, or more fps, but it makes ALL your parts go, it goes it can destroy the rest

Also a qualiity psu, in te 650W range, will last years and multiple hardware changes.

2) The harddrive you choose is meant fror storage, thats what green means, so you need a larger SSD or "Black" branded hd for the OS to run properly.

Most run a SSD for OS and programs, with a green drive holding all the data, music and videos.

Okay, thanks so If I go with the [h=1]Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive[/h]instead that will work better, thanks! One last thing if it says bare drive that just mean the drive is an internal drive, it still comes with all the SATA wires? I don't know if thats something that can be answered here or on the new egg forums, thanks!

No, hard drives never come with cables. /those are supplied by the motherboard and power supply.

And yes that drives great.
Boxed drives come with molex to SATA adapter and 1 SATA cable usually. Every single Seagate boxed drive I have bought came with these, and my older Maxtor drives. It's like boxed CPUs and the stock fan vs a bare CPU.
Irrelevant to the thread, just figured I'd put that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom