Installed new Heatsink+Fan now comp will not start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i looked where the procesor goes into the mother board i dont see any clamp that holds the chip inplace. ?

I didn't catch what type of cpu chip we are dealing with..perhaps an Intel P4??? If so there is a small lever on the side of the boards pin array. It should be open when you insert the chip and then gently close the lever and cause it to be "latched" by hooking it under a very small indentation. A worry I have is if you had a hard time pulling the heatshield and hence the cpu chip from the MB as one the lever that holds the chip in place was already latched. Did you open it to insert the new chip????
If we are talking about a none P4 chip than my discussion is for naught. :D

GUys im home and im on the computer that was screwed up earlir.. About that lever that holds the chip down.. WELLLLLLL i didnt push it back down so it didnt engage the chip after i did that it turned on and all is well! WOOT i love u guys thanks for the tips!

Yea i love that! HEHE now ill know in the future. Hey my friend wanted to know one thing.. If you have your stock Heatsink is there a way to mount a fan on a stock heatsink without buying a new one?like screw it in inbetween the grille type looking thing on the top of the heatsink? I told him that didnt think there wasand that would probaly screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom