Full Red Screen (Not RSoD)

Okay but I stick up for anyone I see being picked on. Although now that I know the relationship I won't flag it anymore.

Okay but I stick up for anyone I see being picked on. Although now that I know the relationship I won't flag it anymore.

I never mentioned Mak.. I was talking about the KSOD Black Screen of Death. Google it... it's an error with Windows.. Please make sure you know what you're talking about before accusing another person of something..

Um, what? I'm not picking on anybody? If you think I'm picking on Mak, I'm not. I've known him for years, and I know the kind of stuff he's been through... I'm talking about the literal KSOD: https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=KSOD

Erm, what do you mean by that?

I meant you have your own way of getting to the root of problems, but in this case you should have not even mention the ksod abbreviaton without linking to a source.
That would have stopped luke from saying anything and it would not have gotten far like it did.

Lets just help the original thread starter with his problem and get this thread done peacefully.

I meant you have your own way of getting to the root of problems, but in this case you should have not even mention the ksod abbreviaton without linking to a source.
That would have stopped luke from saying anything and it would not have gotten far like it did.

Lets just help the original thread starter with his problem and get this thread done peacefully.

I defined what it stood for (Black Screen of Death), and also described what kind of system errors can cause a KSOD. MoM then posted after me that must be how Mak got his new displayname. Figured that would have been clear enough.

I defined what it stood for (Black Screen of Death), and also described what kind of system errors can cause a KSOD. MoM then posted after me that must be how Mak got his new displayname. Figured that would have been clear enough.

That maybe true, but lets not forget there are people who are not that tech saavy like you and I.
When we talk like that with no explaination of source, people will 0_O and walk away more dumbfounded without geting the problem fixed.

Like I said again it would stop problems from arising and causing issues and petty arguments around here.
KSOD - Google Search

Wait why is a KSOD not BSOD? I don't suppose a Blue Screen of Death Exists? Then we might change is to BlaSOD or BluSOD :)

here's an explanation for the K in KSOD
KSOD
Black Screen of Death. A completely black screen on Windows Vista where nothing is shown other than the cursor, which can still be moved.

This is known as KSOD to distinguish it from BSOD (an already well known acronym); the K comes from the last letter in the word blacK.
Glossary definition for KSOD

I never mentioned Mak.. I was talking about the KSOD Black Screen of Death. Google it... it's an error with Windows.. Please make sure you know what you're talking about before accusing another person of something..

He did say Google it. I think even the most novice can do that..

That maybe true, but lets not forget there are people who are not that tech saavy like you and I.
When we talk like that with no explaination of source, people will 0_O and walk away more dumbfounded without geting the problem fixed.

Like I said again it would stop problems from arising and causing issues and petty arguments around here.
KSOD - Google Search
Well, looky here... both of my posts mentioning KSOD's. The first one explaining, and the 2nd one actually giving a google search link!

There's also the KSOD (Black Screen of Death). No Windows loading screen, and stuck after the BIOS basically. Can also occur with the blinking cursor in the corner.
Um, what? I'm not picking on anybody? If you think I'm picking on Mak, I'm not. I've known him for years, and I know the kind of stuff he's been through... I'm talking about the literal KSOD: https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=KSOD

Looks like I did in fact explain what it was!
So please, next time before you start to dog me about something, read my posts; maybe then petty arguments won't start... Thank you.

Wait why is a KSOD not BSOD? I don't suppose a Blue Screen of Death Exists? Then we might change is to BlaSOD or BluSOD :)

Because as Joe C posted, Blue Screen of Death is more common than Black screen of death. BSOD is the Blue screen, and KSOD is BLack Screen of Death b/c Black ends with a K. We don't use BlaSOD and BluSOD because those are too long for abbreviations (everything in the tech world is shortened down to acronyms & abbreviations).

Back
Top Bottom