Looking for a good gaming laptop

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hello guys,

I've had a high end desktop system for the past few years, but in a few months, I'll be off to university and so I'm looking for a good gaming laptop. I found this MSI GT700NC011-US Newegg.com - MSI G Series GT700NC-011US Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 17.3" 16GB Memory 64GB SSD + 64GB SSD RAID + 750GB (7200RPM) HDD Blu-Ray Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M which looks quite good, but I want to hear what you guys have to say before making a purchase...I want to be able to run games on high settings without having any lag, so basically my budget limitation is around $2000 and I'm looking to get the best possible gaming laptop I can...So if anyone out there has this MSI laptop or has any other recommendations, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.

Also, I will be using the laptop in the UK but am most probably going to get it from the US, so it would be good if the laptop comes with international warranty (I don't live in the US so I don't really know whether or not these sorts of things are generally sold with international warranty or not, I suppose it depends on the manufacturer).

Thanks.

Are you buying it in UK? Or in US? Did you mean USD or GBP?

Hello guys,

I've had a high end desktop system for the past few years, but in a few months, I'll be off to university and so I'm looking for a good gaming laptop. I found this MSI GT700NC011-US Newegg.com - MSI G Series GT700NC-011US Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 17.3" 16GB Memory 64GB SSD + 64GB SSD RAID + 750GB (7200RPM) HDD Blu-Ray Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M which looks quite good, but I want to hear what you guys have to say before making a purchase...I want to be able to run games on high settings without having any lag, so basically my budget limitation is around $2000 and I'm looking to get the best possible gaming laptop I can...So if anyone out there has this MSI laptop or has any other recommendations, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.

Also, I will be using the laptop in the UK but am most probably going to get it from the US, so it would be good if the laptop comes with international warranty (I don't live in the US so I don't really know whether or not these sorts of things are generally sold with international warranty or not, I suppose it depends on the manufacturer).

Thanks.

As you can see...I'm planning on getting it in the US, it's much cheaper there than in the UK. I just don't want to have warranty issues...

Yet, you said:

(I don't live in the US so I don't really know whether or not these sorts of things are generally sold with international warranty or not, I suppose it depends on the manufacturer).

That's where I got confused. You don't want to pay international shipping fees.

Yet, you said:

That's where I got confused. You don't want to pay international shipping fees.

Sorry, I can see why that confused you. Basically, I have a friend in the US who will be coming over to Turkey in a few days, which is where I currently live. So international shipping fees wont be an issue, as he will get it for me himself. However, my main question is regarding the MSI laptop which I linked above. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions? I'm looking for one of the best possible gaming builds that I can get for up to $2000 USD.. But on the other hand, I want to make sure the manufacturer will provide international warranty (if you know anything about international warranties, do share), so that if anything goes wrong while I'm in the UK, I can get it sorted without any trouble...So any opinions regarding this: Newegg.com - MSI G Series GT700NC-011US Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 17.3" 16GB Memory 64GB SSD + 64GB SSD RAID + 750GB (7200RPM) HDD Blu-Ray Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M ? Or any other suggestions for a good gaming laptop?

Hello guys,

Thanks.

As I started typing in order to ask you where you are located, I noticed you are in Turkey... bummer see here in US and Canada we have very decent businesses, who would buy leased laptops after the term, refurbish them and sell at the fraction of the cost. For example, I just picked up :

i7-2760QM(2.4GHz), 8GB, 500GB 7200rpm, 15.4" Wide 1920x1080 Screen, Nvidia 1000M 2GB Graphics, DVDRW, 56K Modem, 10/100 Network, Wireless AGN, Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery, Win 7 Pro 64, (New 3 years warr)

for $799

I think it's a decent price for the configuration.

I think that warranties are carried worldwide. Because not all computer components are made in the US. Not all manufacturers are in the US. That's what I understand.

You know, laptops are not made for gaming. Even the very good ones are wholly not. You will have overheating issues with any laptop you get. Can't you just bring your desktop to school, and get like a $500 laptop, for taking notes and whatnot? Leave intensive gaming to desktops. You don't want to break a $2,000 laptop by overheating it. Laptops have limited space. That heat gets trapped in there.

I think that warranties are carried worldwide. Because not all computer components are made in the US. Not all manufacturers are in the US. That's what I understand.

You know, laptops are not made for gaming. Even the very good ones are wholly not. You will have overheating issues with any laptop you get. Can't you just bring your desktop to school, and get like a $500 laptop, for taking notes and whatnot? Leave intensive gaming to desktops. You don't want to break a $2,000 laptop by overheating it. Laptops have limited space. That heat gets trapped in there.

Yeah, I know that laptops are not made for gaming...Unfortunately though, I will be staying in the dorms of my university in the UK and taking the desktop there is out of the question.. I know it's best to leave the gaming for the desktop, but in this case, it's not going to be possible. I mean I'm not looking for something that's an absolute monster, I just want a good gaming laptop, and am willing to spend as much as $2000 on it.. The MSI caught my attention while I was browsing the net, but I'm open to all suggestions. As I said earlier, I'm not expecting the same performance that you get from your regular gaming desktop, but I want something that is at least going to be good enough to run new games on medium to high settings without much trouble. When it comes to overheating, you're right of course, but I'm sure that I can take precautions against that such as using the laptop in a cool room and perhaps getting one of those external fan thingies if necessary as well...

I dont know MSI gonna service your good or not, Yes it has good configuration in cheap price, but i think your should choose some thing good brand like HP, toshiba, Acer etc. No offence mate but some of my friends used MSI notebooks and they are disappointed on MSI. Mate check this out Toshiba Tecra, You might like this one. It hasIntel Core i7 i7-620M 2.66 GHz - Charcoal Black - 1366 x 768 WXGA Display - 6 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD - DVD-Writer - NVIDIA Graphics Card - Bluetooth - Finger Print Reader - Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate. Toshiba Tecra PTME3U-01401F 14" LED Notebook
[h=2][/h]

Back
Top Bottom