Weird problems regarding laptop. Help!

Where do I get the minidump? Haven't experienced many BSODs really. The only ones in my old laptop were caused by a broken video card. This one only started doing this recently.

EDIT: While my system is generally faster than before the previous chkdsk, its still hiccuping. It lags a bit still in the programs.

Minidumps are located under: C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the files together, and upload them to a hosting site such as Mediafire.

This is gonna be fun, that's a lot of crash dates... o.0

Ok, not a pro at analyzing all these crash dumps, but they all appear related in the area of HDD or RAM corruption.
Download a copy of Memtest from here: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Burn the ISO to CD, boot from the CD instead of the HDD, and let it run memtest overnight, 12 hours minimum.

If this passes, next thing would be to check your drivers for your chipset and make sure they are the most recent available.

Also, I can't remember, but, have we checked out your hardware temps? If not, get HWMonitor from cpuid.com (don't get pro) and let it run for awhile, while your doing normal tasks, and let us know the minimum, maximum of all values it displays, or a screen shot would suffice.

You did do sfc /scannow inside the command prompt and let it scan the critical OS files and verify them right?

In the end, you may have to reinstall your OS if all the tests come back clean... :-\

Below is a screenshot of all the minidumps and error codes, hopefully someone will come along and give more insight. But I feel it's a HDD or RAM issue that is causing all this. Most the errors show it's the file system and OS messing up, chances are the drive just isn't doing good, but I don't wanna say that with out all the proper tests...
bsodchanchan.png

URL: http://www.clantwgb.com/charles/bsodchanchan.png

Yes, coretemp is another good app. I use it on this desktop to keep an eye on my CPU. But that only work for CPU, not your whole system.

Get HWMonitor, it does a lot more.

Yes, coretemp is another good app. I use it on this desktop to keep an eye on my CPU. But that only work for CPU, not your whole system.

Get HWMonitor, it does a lot more.

I actually found that coretemp was a bit dodgy as I used HWmonitor with it and then both came up with different readings for the CPU temp??

I believe they use different sensors on the CPU. But in reality, your temps can go up or down all day depending on 1,000 factors. If one is just a few degrees above or below than the other, take the average.

I believe they use different sensors on the CPU. But in reality, your temps can go up or down all day depending on 1,000 factors. If one is just a few degrees above or below than the other, take the average.

They would be using the same sensor, just different code to access said sensor

Back
Top Bottom