Windows Index Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott x1

Solid State Member
Hey there,

I was wondering about Windows Index Rating, My machine is a 5.7 rating. I am going to list what specs I got and the rating for them, and what i could do to make it better than 5.7.

Processor; AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 3.00ghz Rating: 6.7
RAM; corsair vengeance 8.00GB Dual Channel Rating: 7.2
Graphics Card; ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group) Rating 7.4
Motherboard; MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 870-C45 (MS-7599) (CPU 1) Rating: N/A
Hard Drives; 156GB Seagate ST3160812AS ATA Device (SATA) 44 °C 488GB Hitachi Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA Device (SATA) Rating: 5.7 << That's the rating I would like to improve Disk Transfer and max it!
Operating System; Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Displays Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1600x1200@60Hz) :- DGM
W1900 LCD TV (1280x1024@60Hz) :- DELL

Please may I have your recommendations, Criticism Is accepted.
Many Thanks Scott x1

Unless you are unhappy with what you currently have, leave it. Gaming, surfing, etc. I have about the same settings as you, but the CPU is a higher rate than yours with an i3 2100. Also the SSD is higher.

That rating is totally fubar. Earlier this year I had a rating of 4.9 because of my first gen SSD. Now I have a rating of 7.1 simply because I have a Vertex 2 :wtf:

I would not go by Windows rating if my life depended on it.

That rating is totally fubar. Earlier this year I had a rating of 4.9 because of my first gen SSD. Now I have a rating of 7.1 simply because I have a Vertex 2 :wtf:

I would not go by Windows rating if my life depended on it.

+1

A little while ago i had a 5.9 rating. Then it went up to a 7.5. Like PP, it was my SSD that was letting me down, then one day i turned it on and the rating improved for some reason.

The rating IS a good indicator of system performance on the most basic scale. Nothing more, nothing less. If I feel a slow down from one machine to the next, I actually check that rating to see if it's off for some reason, as two machines with the same or similar components should score virtually identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom