Most files corrupt after raid recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsullivan

Beta member
My areca raid 5 set up with 4 2TB disks recently started beeping and displayed a raid incomplete status with 3/4 disks in the raid and 1/4 missing. The same kind of thing has happened before and to fix it i deleted the raid and volume configuration and created a new raid and volume with exactly the same configuration as the previous. This brings up a healthy raid and all files and folders are available in windows explorer. The problem is that most of the files id say about 90% are corrupt and do not open in their respective programs. How do i fix this?

Are the files actually corrupt, or have they just lost their association with their program?

Why remove the entire array and rebuild it? There is a good reason it keeps dropping the same drive, rebuilding it in that manor will cause corruption eventually. You should have removed that single drive from the array, wiped the partition tables out on it, and add it back in, and let the three other drives add the data back to the fourth in a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom